Eye colour

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Peanut78, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Peanut78

Peanut78 Mum of 2

I know it can take up to a year for eye colour to be established, but have heard so many conflicting things about what that actually means....

My peadiatrician said my sons eyes would remain blue as if they were to be brown we would have seen it by now. She basically said that the colour itself i.e. brown or blue is pretty much established by the 3 month mark although that colour may still change in terms of shade/ nuance (i.e. light/ dark blue, aquamarine etc).

Does anyone have any experience of blue going to brown after the 5 month mark...?

Considering all my DH immediate family have brown eyes (mine are blue), I am still half expecting my sons eyes to turn brown!

Thanks!

2. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

if they r blue now they will stay blue.

my son was born with the bluest eyes and they have stayed the same colour.

blue eyes are far better then brown anyway haha

3. vanessayogini

my baby was born with big beautiful brown eyes and they are gonna stay that way

4. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

My daughter's changed around the 6 month mark to brown. However, she really had more grey eyes when born.

My 1st son's was blue until around 4 when a bit of green came through and they've even changed to more green since then and he's 6 1/2.

Chase, my 15 month old has blue eyes right now but with the experience of my other son, they may change too.

5. steph1505

steph1505 Well-Known Member

Brandon was born with blue eyes and they are sloooowly changing to brown! Sometimes they are green, sometimes grey, but mostly they are a light brown now...I think they will go darker tho! My little brothers eyes changed colours up until he was about 7! x x x

6. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

lillys eyes where blue at birth till 6ish months then went green and now are hazel xxx

7. Midnight_Fairy

Midnight_Fairy New baby J

My sons eyes were blue untill he was 2ish and now they are browny/hazel