Eye's going into the back of his head.

pinky1987

My very own little E.T!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My son has for the last few weeks now, his eye's have been rolling into the back of his head and he is kind of spacing out for 5 seconds ish, he has been doin this around 3-4 times a day.

I didnt think anything of it but both me an OH have been aware of it, Owen went for his 3 injections this morning and when the health visitor was having a quick look at him, he did it again in front of her, and she was taken aback.

she then called in another health visitor/nurse and she started asking questions on how many times a day he does it, does he have any sudden movements of limpness of the limbs or does he tilt his head to one side, an then went on to say that she wanted us to see the GP asap, to get Owen transferred the the hospital to see pediatric Nuerology (sp??)

She said it could be nothing but could also be a sign of early epilepsy?!?!?!? :nope:

my stomach came into my mouth, OH looked like he was about to cry and then she turned round and said "i dont want to alarm you" WTF!!!! :growlmad:

I have to ring the doctors in the morning to see about getting him an appointment tomorro to see the GP.

Has anyone else's LO's been doing this??? I thought it was just a 'thing' he was doin an nothing to worry about but no I can't stop thinking about what it could be.

Hi

I don't really have any experience of this but didn't want to r&r. My LO's eyes roll back as she's going to sleep but not at other times. That said, all babies are individuals & they all do different things.

You said you had noticed this a while ago... Hopefully he appointments you have will tell you everything is ok & u won't have to worry about it. Good luck & hope it all works out well xxx

I didn't want to read and run, but I think it is good you're having this checked out now.

Isobel's eyes roll back if she gets windy while feeding, which seems to be a common thing. But it only lasts a second or two. It's worth getting checked out, hopefully everything will be fine though.

Hubbys mum has epilepsy and Isobel recently had a convulsion which turned out to be painful gastric acid and nothing more severe, but it did make me look into things. If your little one has any kind of fit then put him on his side, make sure nothing is around that he can hit himself on and don't try to hold him still. Please don't let me scare you though as I'm sure it will be a simple thing like wind or a habit he will grow out of.

My Vin has been doing exactly this lately. We took him to the GP and she seemed unworried as he's had no other movements and stays conscious at the time. We think it might be due to his milk intolerances and low blood sugar as he only does it when tired or if he's due a feed. We are going back in 2 weeks but it can be perfectly normal. A lot of childhood epilepsy is grown out of too, the ones to look out for are the infantile spasms and any abnormal jerks+absences that the baby can't control and make them upset or sleepy afterwards.

zakk saw a consultant due to grimacing and fist clenching when eating.

they were mainly concerned as to whether he was concious during the episode. so i offered him strawberry whilst he did it and he stopped and ate the offering.

he has since stopped doing this and the conclusion is its either acid reflux or just a new thing he found he could do.

can you get your babies attention when they do it? can you distract them out of it?

i did lots of reading about seisures around the time zakk did his and lots of babies do what you are describing and worst case scenario is going to be some medication that will completely stop it.

and they grow out of it.

go see the doc and make sure you get an appointment at the hpspital. paeds consultants are AMAZING and will know whats going on right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->