Factor V Leiden Moms

I am glad everything is going well, its nice that your mother in law is so loving xxxxx

Hi all I wondered if I can join. by my dates I'm am 8 weeks today. I had a previous clot in my lung but don't have an genetic disorders for clotting. So I was a little suprised this morning when I got a call from the head midwife saying due to my prevoius history they expect me to start injecting heperin Thursday for the duration of my pregnancy. She's just waiting for the consultant to confirm this. is this normal? Xx

Hi all I wondered if I can join. by my dates I'm am 8 weeks today. I had a previous clot in my lung but don't have an genetic disorders for clotting. So I was a little suprised this morning when I got a call from the head midwife saying due to my prevoius history they expect me to start injecting heperin Thursday for the duration of my pregnancy. She's just waiting for the consultant to confirm this. is this normal? Xx

You can join us! As for Blood thinners during pregnancy, from what I understand from my mother's pregnancies (She's Homozygous for Factor V Leiden, and where I get my nce funky gene that nmakes me heterozygous) She took blood thinners once a day for the last couple( I have six brothers/sisters).

I think your Doctor is being proactive with you though. You've had a clot before and even without any genetic disorders pregnancy increases the chances you have to clot. She's putting you on the blood thinners to prevent that from happening, which could be a good thing. Make sure to ask her any questions you may have. This is your health- so you can never be too informed.

So I started on fragments last Friday. Do not miss this lol. However, my consultant did another blood test and if that comes back negative I can ditch the injections. And we'll restest after birth. He said I can just take aspirin. If it comes back positive, then it's injections. Don't get the results until 22nd may so for now, it's injections.

Well I met my consultant today, he was great, ordered more dopla scans for 28 32 and 36 weeks as well as the usual 20 week scans for every scan I have an appointment with him, he also is inducing me at 37 weeks and I will be having steroid injections for the baby's lungs, first time they have offered this... So pleased its all down and official.

they started sweeping me from 36 weeks...
i haven't seen a consultant yet but i go in today for my scan..?? although i'm only 11 weeks..
i guess they will come up with a plan today?

Good luck, everyone!! I got my results back from the ultrasounds in my legs yesterday, and I have no clots, so that means I'm just on baby aspirin until 4 weeks before the EDD, and then on Lovenox injections for six weeks after the birth. This will be the same for any subsequent pregnancies or surgeries I have for the rest of my life.

I saw the head midwife today and it's been confirmed I am on fragmin injections now until after the birth. 32 weeks is a long time suddenly :-( xx

I saw the head midwife today and it's been confirmed I am on fragmin injections now until after the birth. 32 weeks is a long time suddenly :-( xx

I'm sorry to hear that. A couple people I know have been on injections and they said they really aren't that bad. The needles are really small. I hope everything goes alright for you.

Good luck, everyone!! I got my results back from the ultrasounds in my legs yesterday, and I have no clots, so that means I'm just on baby aspirin until 4 weeks before the EDD, and then on Lovenox injections for six weeks after the birth. This will be the same for any subsequent pregnancies or surgeries I have for the rest of my life.

really glad there were no clots :)

if they are anything like the clexane injections its just a spring loaded needle... so its quick and painless :) although i was a baby and couldn't inject myself LOL my hubby had to do it... but it was quick and painless

i had my scan yesterday, what a complete waste of time! i'm 11 + 2 today, so too early for the DS screen?? god knows why they had me in so early! they have no appointments for around the 12 week mark for me so i have to have the amnio one at 15+ weeks...?
has anyone had that test? and is it accurate? as they don't measure the fluid in the back of baby's neck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->