factor v leiden

rayxxx123

Reaction score
my consultant whos been doing my mc testin wrote to me saying i have this but not to be worried as its not related to mc? jus wondering if anyone else has this? im getting alot of conflicting advice online saying it could b realated. shall i take baby aspirin anyway? sorry not sure if this is right section x x x

Have they put you on any medication or are they just starting to get a diagnosis? I would take the baby ASA. I would also suggest seeing your doctor. Factor V Leiden can require more than just ASA to thin your blood. I can see how it could possibly cause mc, but without definite proof it is hard to say.

I truly suggest following up with md though! It does say that you can still get pregnant and everything, they just switch your medication. However, while ttc you could start with baby ASA!

I hope this helps! Best of luck to you!!

D

my aunty has it and they said yes thats what was causing her misscarriages, they monitored her closely soon as she got a bfp she was put on special meds, but didnt help

her first baby was stillborn at 37 weeks, they did testing found out she had thrombophilia,
after a year or so she got pregnant again but monitored and ended up with a healthy bub, then after that misscarriage after misscarriage and thats when they found out she had factor 5 leiden, they said all the women in the family had to be tested and no one is allowed on birth control meds or any kid because everyone is at high risk with taking them in the family. cause if theres a chance anyone else in family could have it taking birth control can cause you to get it if your already at risk

thanks my consultant in my letter said " let me stress this is nothing for you to worry about and certainly not related to your reccurent mcs" so i dont no, traylee are you from the uk? im not bein put on medication or anything only if i have ever had a blood clot in the past which i havent, so basically no treatment while ttc or when pregnant but maybe precautionary heparin injections and stockings before reli long flights and after labour x x

think il just take aspirin
anyway but theyve made a point of me not to get stressed over it so i guess i should listen to them? so hard to stay off google
though x traylee i am
worried after reading your comment though why would they say that to me if they said that to your auntie?! grrr so confusein

no im in australia, yea my aunty got monitored closely, once she found out she had factor 5 she didnt fall pregnant again she kept losing them and after about 6 gave up and had her hubby get the snip

i think once you get pregnant then you have to be put on blood thinner meds i think it just depends on individual, so make sure if you get a BFP you go straight to get meds

your also not meant to have anti inflammtorys or anything like that, ill see if i can find the link

I just found out I have this, too! I found out after I lost my son at 16 weeks. I've had 5 miscarriages. I DO have two healthy kids and took baby aspirin with them (before I even knew about FVL). I think it's what saved them!!!!

My doctor wants me to take blood thinning injections next time. It absolutely can cause you to miscarry!

I'm in the U.S. and see a high risk doctor at a major university hospital.

What I meant to day was FVL can definitely cause you to miscarry! Baby aspirin and blood thinners help you carry a baby!

yea some drs just tell you not to worry cause most of them dont care,
if you get a good dr they will help you and tell you what you can and cannot do,
and yes it causes her to misscarry also,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"