Failed cycle with failed fertilisation

beanhunter

Reaction score
Our first cycle of IVF has just failed. It's been a epic drawn out failure. All went swimmingly during stims with 12 eggs collected, 10 mature and good sperm sample on the day. Next day called to say 0 fertilised. Crushed would be an understatement. They can't explain why. Next day 2 appeared to have divided and they aren't sure if late fertilisation or if they missed it. So on day 3 we ended up with a transfer of a 4 and 3 cell v ropey embryos. Told not to get our hopes up. Otd today and nothing. Feel numb. Think all the crying happened with the failed fertilisation. Not sure if we will go again with icsi and the same clinic or if we should look elsewhere or not try at all. Anyone been in a similar position? I'm in the Midlands.

I would say try ICSI then.

I'm so sorry this cycle was so bad xx

Hi,
A very similar thing happened to me in my first cycle. I had eleven eggs and zero fertilisation. I had Icsi my next cycle and one fertilised but I am a vary rare case. Usually Icsi does the trick as some people have binding issues. I ended up going to Belgium to have my husband's sperm tested for activation capability and it turned out no problems there so it's my egg quality. We did get five embryos with aoa but sadly bfn. I eventually turned to donor eggs and I am very cautiously 9 weeks pregnant following an immune cycle. After talking to lots of ladies with the same problems I seem to be a very rare case and icsi has solved it for lots of ladies. Good luck xx

Congratulations cveah. I think the main reason that this is such a suprise is that we have had 2 spontaneous pregnancies (one ended in a mc but one is 4 now!) so we didn't expect this. I know if we get to another cycle failing we would prob look to adoption rather than donor eggs but that's a personal decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->