Failed Morning After Pill?

StarryEyed88

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I wasn't too sure where to post this. So if I should be asking somewhere else please me know.

My partner and I are getting married in 10 months so we have decided to wait til then to try for a little one though we are both desperate for one now.

I am on the pill, I had an unusually heavy period which started on the 12th April. I then had the following week off the pill as I was overseas and didn't want to risk taking my pill overseas. I then came back and started back on the pill however DF and I DTD on the 25th of April in the morning, without protection. I think took the MAP in the afternoon 26th April and continued on with my pill as normal.

I then stopped the pill last week to get my period and to get myself back into a routine with my pill, however 5 days later no spotting or anything. I think I stopped the pill too early and I am supposed to get my period tomorrow, however if I even forget to take the pill for one day I normally start spotting.

Am I stressing for nothing or has this failed for others too?

Thank you so much for any info on advance.

I would guess it's quite likely you've just screwed up your cycles. Certainly, it's always possible to be pregnant, but stopping and starting the pill randomly and then adding the extra hormones of the MAP on top of that will definitely mess things up. I know for me, I usually have to be off the pill for 4-5 days on my break week each month before I get my period. Even if it's normal for you to start spotting almost immediately, it's not unusual for it to take several days for your period to start. Certainly though, if your period is late according to your calculations then you should get an accurate reading on a pregnancy test now, so take one if it will put your mind at ease.

I agree that you've probably messed up your cycles. It certainly won't hurt to test and give yourself piece of mind though.

Thanks so much ladies. I did test this morning and it was negative. Can't help but feel slightly disappointed but nonetheless. Maybe I'll hang around in this forum whilst we WTT.

Hope you both have lovely days x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->