Failed nuchal scan

Hopespring

Reaction score
So today, I had my 13 week scan which was supposed to include nuchal measurement and bloods for downs screening but the little blighter would not sit still long enough or in the right position. So now I have been offered the quadruple test. Does anyone have any experience with this Or had something similar happen?
Gurrr little monkey being a wiggle bum.

I had the quad test my last pregnancy around 15-16 weeks. I was never offered the NT because my doctor doesn't really like them for some reason. It isn't bad. Just a blood test and then a couple weeks later you'll get the result. It's a number if I recall correctly, not like a pass or fail.

Just wanted to give you some more reassurance. We had 2 failed nuchal measurement scans purely because baby wouldn't move at all - no matter what we done. So I was offered the quad bloods which were taken at my 16 week midwife appointment. It took around 4 weeks for the results to come back. The letter said the blood results show I have a low risk of having a baby with Downs syndrome, Edwards syndrome or spina bifida and no further testing was required.

Little monkey!

I had the same problem with my little girl.. we declined the test at 15 weeks as it wouldn't have made a difference to us anyway athough I have consented to the nt test this pregnancy if we have the same problem again we will probably decline again. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->