failed sweep - induction booked

Cathington

Reaction score
Could cry right now :'( My sweep failed (Wasn't open enough) and so i'm booked in for an induction on the 9th. The sweep hurt me a lot too and my LO hasn't stopped rolling about since i had it and he's so big now the movements hurt :cry:

I was so hoping this would work, and i was up all night with BH and to be told it failed i'm absolutely gutted... i wanted him to come naturally :(

Feeling low right now...

I know how you feel hun. We tried everything (yes everything :blush:) to get my LO out naturally. But ended up being induced 12 days late. Sometimes our bodies just need a little nudge in the right direction. :hugs:

Awwww. I'm nervous for exactly the same thing. I'm due the same day as you and have got a midwife appointment this afternoon & I'm so hoping that she will give me a sweep. I'm also getting tons of strong BH, so to be told that nothing is happening must be gutting....

On a positive note, the 9th is still over a week away and ANYTHING can happen in a week, so keep positive, keep moving and relax!! x

I know how you feel too. I was down for a lovely water birth at my local birth centre and now instead I am being induced on Saturday at the hospital :cry: I've had two sweeps that have done nothing and i'm 41+2 now!

Anything can happen in the next week - and before saturday babyloulou!
Good luck to all 3 of you x

Thanks guys, i passed my plug just now after the sweep but i'm told that's normal. Just feeling generally uncomfortable... down there :l Whenever i sit it feels weird... sort of wish i'd never even had it at the moment hahah :(

I've decided i'm going to step up in this next week and take my dog out for long walks twice a day instead of just the once! Also going to eat as much curries as possible (tried pineapple, just made me ill since i don't like them anyway haha!)

Hopefully all our LO's will be here soon :) The waiting game is just the worst!!
:hugs: xx

Passing your plug is still a good sign Cathington!! I have had NOTHING after either sweep! Not even a tiny bit of discharge or a slight pain! At least it's done something to your body- that's a good thing :thumbup:

Hope things start moving for you naturally. I have been booked for a sweep next week and I am really hoping things happen before then so I cant imagine how you must feel.

Everything crossed for you hun and loads of Labour dust being sent your way :dust:

It's funny how we all expect to give birth naturally as we're led to believe it by so many professionals!
I'm slowly getting used to the idea that I will end up having 2 sweeps and an induction.. I know there's still time but in reality my body's never done this before and it's finding it hard to spring into action by itself. Atleast there's always an option of an epidural... that's all I can say!

just a quick question i dont want a sweep can u refuse it and then have an induction?

I dont know hun - i wouldnt have thought they can force you to do anything you dont want to do

Two more days for me to go into labour naturally before I get booked in for an induction... Come on child!

Yes Sam- a sweep is completely your choice and not done routinely so don't worry :hugs:

I'm already booked in for Saturday Whoops! When will they book you in for? Have they given you any idea? X

This weekend, probably, depending on how busy the labour ward is. My consultant doesn't want to leave it too long because some of my LO's measurements are a bit off.

We could end up having our babies the same day! :thumbup:

Is it true inductions make the labour process more painful? That's the bit of it all i'm dreading most is that it will be more painful and i'll be a big baby about it lol...

I'm the same as u Cath..currently 5 days overdue nd booked in to b induced on the 9th aswell. MW attempted a sweep on Thursday but cervix was completely closed altho soft..she's gna try again this Thursday wen I'm term+7 but if that doesn't work i hav to go in 2 b monitored on Monday. If nothin happens by the 9th its hospital for me to b induced..I'm absolutely gutted as had planned to hav a homebirth which ofc wont happen if Im induced :( :( people keep tellin me there's still plenty of time but it doesn't help - in my head every day that goes by just takes me closer to induction...:(

I'm the same as u Cath..currently 5 days overdue nd booked in to b induced on the 9th aswell. MW attempted a sweep on Thursday but cervix was completely closed altho soft..she's gna try again this Thursday wen I'm term+7 but if that doesn't work i hav to go in 2 b monitored on Monday. If nothin happens by the 9th its hospital for me to b induced..I'm absolutely gutted as had planned to hav a homebirth which ofc wont happen if Im induced :( :( people keep tellin me there's still plenty of time but it doesn't help - in my head every day that goes by just takes me closer to induction...:(

That's how my midwife described mine "soft but closed" no clue what that even means :S I'm not having another sweep, this one really didn't go down well with me (it hurt me alot and i'm not sure why but it really stressed me out) so i'm just booked in for the Induction on the 9th.

I really wanted a natural labour too (though i hadn't opted for a home birth). Just the thought of being induced has me really sad :cry: Everyone keeps telling me they bet things will happen before then but i don't see it happening if i'm honest... Had too many 'signs' before that lead to nothing.

Ah well! The decisions aren't ours i suppose, it's all up to our LO's (the little devils!) Hopefully they might make a move before the 9th (and your 2nd sweep works!)

xx :hugs:

just a quick question i dont want a sweep can u refuse it and then have an induction?

I was told I could refuse a sweep but still be booked in for an induction. Speak to your mw to check their policy. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->