Faint BFP at 12dpo but been bleeding for the past 5 days...

Katie_A

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

A little bit of preamble for context....
It's been a long time since I've been on these boards. I was visiting often when I first started TTC and then I needed to take a break as I was getting a bit obsessive! Anyway, we've been trying for just over a year now, with one MC at 6wks back in Sept of 2014. We did a cycle of monitoring at a fertility clinic in May/June and then decided to take a cycle or two break before starting with the treatment.

Anyway, 5 days ago at 8DPO I started spotting, and figured AF had arrived. I took a HPT just cause I always do at the end of my cycle and it was BFN. I have a very short luteal phase so it's normal for AF to come between 8 and 10DPO. Anyway, I kept spotting, and it got a bit heavier, a combo of bright red and brown, just like at the beginning of AF. And then today at 12DPO, after 5 days of light bleeding, AF still hadn't come in full, which for me is weird. And so I tested with an IC and it was positive, took another one, also BFP. Literally RAN to the pharmacy to buy some FRERs, took one of those and it was BFP as well.

The thing is, I'm not even excited, just so scared. Because of the bleeding I'm having and my previous MC I'm worried I'm on my way to losing this one as well. Also, because I thought AF had started, I was at a family wedding on Saturday night, and had 4-5 drinks. Then 2 drinks the following day, and 2 the day after that. I know drinking that early in pregnancy isn't necessarily a big deal but I still feel really freaked out about that.

Anyway, any thoughts or similar experiences anyone can share would be much appreciated. I know all I can do is wait and see what happens but I'm just so scared right now...

Hey Hun
With a short LP it's very very common to have break through bleeding, since the hcg is still rising, but not high enough to stop the AF from starting.
The good thing is you got through it and didn't get a heavy bleed as you said, and even with bleeding the preg can progress as the embroy implant area has chemicals released that typically prevent that area from shedding with bleeding.
Just test again in a cpl days to see if your lines stay as dark or darken, which would help assure you that the hcg is increasing.
Don't beat yourself up over the drinks either. By the moon I swear, if every woman who drank, smoked, or ate mercury laden fish before they realized they were preg lost the baby, we'd lose probably a third of the population hehe.
Congrats, and take it easy on yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"