Faint BFP - how much cramping is normal?

Cara x

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Feel like I'm jinxing something just by writing this! This morning I woke up with pretty severe cramp (I have endo so my pain threshold for cramps is usually high). I had planned to test this morning but I almost didn't as I thought that with cramps that strong it was definitely AF coming. I even went to check for blood before bothering to get a test out. Couldn't believe when it came up with a very very faint line, and a second test did the same (both IC). I wasn't getting my hopes up due to the cramping and having such a light line when I thought my period was due tomorrow, but I've just double checked my calendar and realised it wasn't actually due for another 3 days!

So I went out and bought a Superdrug test and although it's still not super dark, the line is clearly there! I'm not entirely sure on how many dpo I am as I don't chart and I never seem to get even a near positive opk, but my strongest results were about 16th and 17th September. I tested on 27th and 28th September and they were stark white BFNs. I had loads of symptoms up until the 28th and then they all disappeared and the only thing that remains is the cramping and some hot flashes.

I'm worried that the cramping is too strong to be the uterus expanding etc, and that this is perhaps a sign of a chemical pregnancy. The cramps woke me up early this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep because of them. I've had 1 chemical before with no symptoms and it's been 8 years since I was pregnant with my son so I can't remember much! What do you ladies think?

Cramping is pretty normal during early pg. As to the severity, that differs for each person. It could be completely normal for you.

cramping is normal hun
with one of my mc i didnt have any cramping and just started bleeding try not to worry x

Congratulations hun!
With this pregnancy, I had severe cramping from the very beginning. Was very worried about ectopic or not viable pregnancy as cramps were so strong. But it has eased some (only light cramping last few days) with time. My docs says its normal and their advise: drink lots of warm fluid throughout the day, no ice drinks, no heavy lifting, avoid mushroom and seaweed (according to oriental medicinal theory, I live in Asia)
Baby dust xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->