Faint blue line THEN bleeding?! HELP!

itwasawendys

Reaction score
I got this faint line on day 33 of my cycle. Not sure how long it should be or when I ovulated but my last cycle was 36 days. I used a few hours old FMU and tested with a Boots early result test this afternoon and was about about 11dpo. The line appeared immediately and was blue although it was thin. Is this an evap? Can they appear within 3 minutes? The line faded a little with time but was still there. However, I started bleeding, it started off brown and went red that evening. I used 3 tampons and it only lasted 24 hours and then it was just spotting and I needed no protection. This cane about 3 days earlier than I was expecting my period and lasted 1/3 of the usual length. I'm still cramping now on day 36 (or CD 3?) but haven't bled properly for 2 days. I took a test the next day on cycle day 34 using the same brand and there was another line although faint. Could these tests have been faulty? I'm terrified of doing another test! It can't have been implantation because it came after the positive!

Any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• rps20160111_154806.jpg
    rps20160111_154806.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 92
Thats exactly what mine looked like a week ago! If u scroll down the pregnancy tests page and see 'help! Faint line or am i seeing things?!' Thats my first one i did. I knew i could see the line but still wasnt sure. Did another one the next day and was even darker. I dont think you will be sure until you see the definite positive!

I would say you are on ur way to a bfp :) good luck!

Thanks for the replies! I've just gone to the toilet and noticed brown discharge and the toilet water was a bit red! It must not be a positive!

strange! maybe a chemical pregnancy? I would try and get in to see a doctor

To be honest, that test looks negative and it sounds like a period.

Hey all! Thanks for the replies! I bought a pink dip test that cost £1 for 2 and got negative on both in the evening and FMU the next day. Guess it was negative or a chemical pregnancy. Fingers crossed this month!

Blue dyes are very well known for false positives. Is that an Equate brand? If you read on the side of the box or the inserts, you'll see that they are not very sensitive and really shouldn't be used for early detection. You need to wait on the day that your period is due or after, not before.

I will just be very honest, if a blue test is faint, assume negative unless you can confirm it with a red/pink dye. God knows how many false positives I've seen blue dyes give to many different women.

Either way, it definitely sounds like a new cycle to me so good luck and I hope this cycle will be it for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->