Faint line even after having a period?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by Mozzarella, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Mozzarella

Mozzarella Well-Known Member

So earlier in January I had faint line on tests, they progressed, then they got lighter. Then I had what would be considered a normal period for me. So I assumed a chemical pregnancy.
    Then since my period has stopped I’ve been having cervical mucus which is not normal for me to have yet. So I took one test I had left over, and within 5 mins there was a faint faint line again. -insert forehead smack here-

little background: got pregnant after 3 trying years in June, great and mostly normal pregnancy until suddenly at 23 wks in October woke up to pee, spotted red and went into emerg. Where they told me I was in preterm labor and dilated. Ended up having my baby at 23 &1/2 wks. (Loss a few hours after birth)

so my wondering is, are my cycles just messed up now, and even though I’m tracking CM and ovulation, things are still off judging by my CM now? (Body not being back to normal after having baby?) I did get a positive test beginning January (ovulated late in my cycle in December but it was still around 7-9dpo), but then thought I had a CP and a period. If that was the case I shouldn’t be getting faint line still on a test? Oi.
    I’m just really confused haha!

2. dairymomma

dairymomma Still Hoping

It could be a few things. 1. It could be residual hCG from a chemical and if you tested in a few days, it may be a true negative. 2. It could be the brand of test you used. Blue dyes like clearblue are notorious for having faint lines even if you aren't pregnant and first response is giving a heck of a lot of false positives these days. Even the cheap tests from the dollar store or walmart can have this happen. 3. It may be that you are still pregnant. If this is the case, the fact that your lines got darker than lighter could be nothing or it could be a sign that something isn't going as it's supposed to.

At the very least, I'd test again in a few days to see if there is still a line but your best bet may be to go to the dr and have a blood test done. It would tell you for sure what your levels are.

JessaBear36 likes this.
  3. JessaBear36

JessaBear36 Pregnant EDD my bday Oct 4-2020

I agree with what she said good luck

4. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

5. Suggerhoney

Suggerhoney 40 and wtt 2021

Good luck hon.

6. Mozzarella

Thank you all!
    I also thought maybe I’m having the CM I’m having because I’ll ovulate sooner than later.

JessaBear36 likes this.
  7. Classic Girl

Classic Girl Well-Known Member

You’re a patient one! I’d be rushing out to the store!

Angelique76 likes this.
  8. JessaBear36

JessaBear36 Pregnant EDD my bday Oct 4-2020

Maybe grab some opks??

9. Mozzarella

Sadly those don’t work overly well for me because of PCOS I’ve had. ;(

JessaBear36 likes this.