Faint line on OPK

CarrieB

Me, DH and little bean
Reaction score
Hi

Just a couple of questions re ovulating.

I’ve been getting a faint line on my OPK which I know is effectively a negative result but I was wondering if I could at least assume from this that I should get a positive in the next couple of days? I’ve been testing for three days now and had hoped a faint line was a good sign, but so far that’s all I keep getting. Getting a bit frustrated cos I’m CD12 now, and my cycles aren’t usually long (average 26days, last cycle only 21 days, although longest in the last six months was 30days), so really think I should be close to oving by now. Temps have so far been consistently low (36.8, 36.7, 36.6) but only been taking those for 3 days too so it’s not much of an indication!! Don’t seem to have had much CM either but then we’ve been :sex: the last couple of nights so am struggling to distinguish CM from semen (sorry if TMI!!) I know it’s early days in terms of using charting and OPKs, and I probably just need to be patient, but the OPKs are so expensive. Don’t want to keep using everyday if not likely to get a + just yet (much thought I love POAS!), but equally, as my first cycle charting want it to be as accurate as poss, so don’t want to risk not testing on the day I would finally get my +. Hoping that after a couple of cycles I’ll be able to use the OPKs less on the basis that I might have a better idea of exactly where I ovulate in my cycle.

And one last question, I know some of you get ov pains. Could you describe them for me? I know they occur in your uterus/ovaries but I’m a bit of a dunce when it comes to biology so don’t know exactly where they are in my body (ie quite low towards pelvis or high up under ribs, left, right, centre??) :blush: I have been getting a few twinges quite low down and on either side but then I’m not entirely convinced they’re not just wind!! Also are there any other symptoms I could look out for? My BB’s are bigger (at least so my DH tells me!!) but they’re not tender or sore.

Any help much appreciated, would so love a BFP in Nov xx

Sorry!! One more question. Have also just read that you shouldn't be doing OPK's first thing in the morning. Is that true? Is there a particular time during the day that I should be doing it?

Hey =) I'm probably not the best person to answer these questions as my cycles are a little out of whack!

Are you using the internet cheap OPK? Sometimes personally I find myself taking all my results from OPK's with a pinch of salt. They give a rough guide only for me, but as they are so cheap they can still be good for taking everyday as a guideline and see if there's any type of corrolation with the results from month to month. I haven't moved to the more sophisticated OPK's yet!

I find I have a line on the OPK's throughout my cycle, rather frustrating! Unfortunately you need to take alot of tests to sometimes find that perfect positive. I have done OPK's sometimes twice a day with very different results o.o

As for signs. I too never know if my lower pains are wind or ovulation pains LOL. Maybe charting your cervical position throughout the month would give you some clues? This is somewhat of an artform though, and takes a little practice to understand the changes in your own body, as everyone is so different! Keeping a diary is always good =)

Good luck in your TTC journey!

Sorry!! One more question. Have also just read that you shouldn't be doing OPK's first thing in the morning. Is that true? Is there a particular time during the day that I should be doing it?

The hormone builds up over the day, this is why you shouldn't do it first thing in the morning. I usually test between 12pm-2pm everyday, holding my wee for at least 3 hours!

Thanks for replying Nathyrra. It's so frustrating to learn that a faint line can appear everyday that you test - I've since read a few posts that have said that. Guess I'll just have to keep at it, but make sure I test at a better time of day for the next couple of days!!

I'm still such a novice at all this, so I really can't see me being able to assess anything from my CP, but I guess it'll just take practice and experience!! Am fairly sure I identified some EWCM today (sorry if TMI) so guess I'm getting better at figuring these things out!!

:hug:

wot kind of opk r u using carrieB ? just wondering cos if there just the internet cheapo's u can do 2 a day...but then if ur using the more expensive ones usually one a day is enough as there stronger, on the opk u have the dark control line then a faint line, this is a neg...when u get a line thats same darknest of control line (or darker) this is a poss, with the lengh of ur cycle u shud get a poss anyday soon, last mth i ad a 27day cycle ang got pos on cd13/14 .. if u do get 2pos opk over two days...its usually 12-36hrs after the fist pos that u will O hun :) hope this makes sense and helps a little :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->