Faint line pregnancy test after an hour

floborg

Reaction score
So im on day 29 of 26-30.
Have been testing the last three days and the first two are still negative, however today's test was first negative and then turned positive, even so a faint one.
What does this mean?

If your test changed after the time period it says in the instructions it means nothing. Good luck though! :)

Have you a picture to show?
If it had colour to it I would suggest positive but they say to disreguard if not in the time frame as to not to get your hopes up

Both me and my man thinks it's purple/pinkish and the controlline is like purple, it's definitely not white or grey,
I'll get the link to the thread where I posted the pics but it's less visible on the pics than in real life :/

They are not meant to be read past the time limit (10 minutes max) because as the test drys the antibody strip ( where pink or blue dye collects in the presence of HCG) can develop a false faint line and this is what everyone refers to as a evap. so I would test again and this time set a timer for 10 minutes then check it. good luck!.

So, I'm not going to be a good influence here, but I did the same thing when I found out I was pregnant with DD. I thought for sure I felt implantation happen on a Saturday night after we had gotten home from a holiday party. I looked up online and it said the earliest you could test was 2 days after implantation. I woke up Monday morning and took a IC test before heading into work. I took one look at it and decided it was a bfn and threw it in the trash. I felt so dumb for testing that early (I was only 9dpo) For some odd reason when I got home after work I randomly decided to take another look at it and lo and behold, there was a super faint line. I took another IC and sure enough, another super squinter but it was there! I got out the FRER and got another squinter, but the line was much more obvious there. I ended up getting a positive on a digital that night.

I got a blood test done the next day and it was positive.

So, it's not always an evap, but I would retest and see if you get a line on a fresh test. I think my experience is the exception to the rule.

Best of luck!! :flower:

^wss

I am not gonna be a good influence either :) My BFPs always started out with a faint line that only showed up after the time limit (it took about 15 minutes). Within a day of the faint line after the time limit, I would start to get lines within the time limit.

I *KNOW* you are not supposed to read HPTs after the time limit, but I keep test progressions until the first u/s and I have plenty of tests that have stayed totally negative, no matter how much time goes by.

Evaps definitely exist, but I've never experienced one. Every time I've had any kind of line show up, even after the time limit, the next day I'd have something that showed up in the time limit, even during my chemical last month.

^^
This is true also sometimes the HCG level is so low early on that tests start out looking like a evap. this happened to me once and with my second pregnancy I knew I was pregnant but the test looked negative then at the 10 minute mark a faint line suddenly appeared and I was pregnant it was just early on. so the tests say not to read past the time limit but sometimes if a faint line starts appearing it can be promising or if the test was tossed out before the 10 minute mark then there is a good chance it did show up within the time limit and is a BFP. but I still recommend testing again to confirm or go to the doctor.

Hello ladies I'm a bit confused I took this test with 2nd wee of the day and this line showed up before the time frame can anybody tell me if its a faint or evap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 71
I don't really see anything. Try again in a day or two. You could also try creating your own thread, more people might see it and comment. Good luck!

Hello ladies I'm a bit confused I took this test with 2nd wee of the day and this line showed up before the time frame can anybody tell me if its a faint or evap

I see a faint line but I would test again because some women are complaining of false lines with the new FRER. good luck.

I see it, fingers crossed for you xx

I've seen way too many false positive lines on those new frer's!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->