faint line then negative...

Tesbabe

mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi
Not sure if this is the right forum.
I took a test yesterday and I got a really faint line where the positive line should be. I looked online and there was a lot about faint lines, some said it doesn't matter how faint it is any line is positive. Others said about evaporation lines and faint ones possibly being false positives. So I tested again this morning as it was a 2 pack I got. It was negative. It's only been a week an half since I could have caught, which is not long, but I did a test coz I feel a bit odd.

I thought the HCG got stronger with time, so as yesterday's was faint, and todays was none, then it's a good chance it was an evaporation line I'd assume, but still have that little bit of doubt in my mind. My period is not due for 4 days. Has anyone else experienced this? What was the outcome?

Hi ur prob better posting in ttc, us ladies are still waiting to start trying so not many of us have masses of experience with this. From what I no a faint line then negative cud be evap line, chemical or a false negative or positive on one of the occasions. I wud say wait until af due then test if late but bare in mind if it was chemical ur body may be out of whack this cycle so don't be too upset if negative when late.

Best of luck with ur baby making and I hope it turns out to be a bfp for u xx

Hi, I'm sorry but I don't have much to offer in the way of personal experience. It's possible that your pee in the morning wasn't as concentrated, which could have given the negative result. If the initial line had color though, it was a positive (whether false or not, no idea. False positives are super rare though), but if it was gray, maybe it was just an evaporation line or a crease inside the test.

I agree with itsnowmyturn, you'd probably have better responses if you post in TTC, or even in the test gallery if you could take some pictures to post. The ladies in here are waiting to TTC, so many of us have little to no experience with pregnancy tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->