faint positive 16 dpo? is this a bad sign? very worried!

SaraSmiles13

Reaction score
Hi all. So I had a miscarriage in February. I started bleeding 2 days before af and miscarried 2 weeks later. Now I have had negative tests until this evening. It's a very faint positive (see pic) at 16 dpo but I've had no spotting.. in worried because is assumed that it should be darker at this point. I know I ovulated at 14-15 days per opk so is there still hope that this will go on to be a viable pregnancy? Any advice will help please! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much just in case...

Attachments

• 20140607_175443.jpg
    20140607_175443.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 70
When I got a BFP in March it was 15 dpo, (all my other tests had been bfn) and then went on to have a mc 6 days later. It wasnt that faint and got a positive on a digital too, I didnt take anymore hpts so I dont know if there was progression. Afterward I read that a late implantation is not a good sign. But there is no way to tell for sure what happened. I am NOT saying this is what is happening to you, but instead I just wanted to share that with you. Fingers crossed and best of luck to you!

I completely understand your worry. I had a text book chart implantation dip at 12dpo. I actually assumed I was getting ready for af and then it shot up higher than ever the following days. I got a bfP 17dpo, then miscarried 4 days later. Unlike kwynia i've not read the late implantation as a bad sign but didn't want to read and run and not share my experience with you. Again, like kwynia, I think this could darken up and be absolutely fine! I understand your worry, as soon as you've had a loss a bfp isn't the same carefree joy. Good luck sarasmiles! Hoping to see darker tests soon! :D x x x

Everyone is different. I would take another test in a couple days to see if there is progression. I'm sorry you're stressed :(

Hi all. So I had a miscarriage in February. I started bleeding 2 days before af and miscarried 2 weeks later. Now I have had negative tests until this evening. It's a very faint positive (see pic) at 16 dpo but I've had no spotting.. in worried because is assumed that it should be darker at this point. I know I ovulated at 14-15 days per opk so is there still hope that this will go on to be a viable pregnancy? Any advice will help please! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much just in case...

Hi Sarasmiles,

Sorry you are worrying. It is not always bad news, some
bodies take longer for HCG to show up in the urine. Have a look at the following website. It is really informative about how long it takes for HCG to get into your urine. Good luck x

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=16

Babydust x

Thanks ladies! I'm hopeful that maybe my body took a little longer to ovulate..? Fingers xd that this one will stick

Here's the article i was referring to, not to freak anyone out, just to share information. The only reason I suspected late implantation for me was an IB on 14 dpo. It could still be slow hcg buildup, or just perfectly normal for you. On another thread a lady just got a faint bfp at 28 dpo, and its normal for her, happened with her first pregnancy and she had a healthy child.

https://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jun99/niehs-09.htm

Good luck :) hang in there!

I just wanted to say with my last son he implanted late so late i assumed it was af took a test it was negative the next month i was late and my test was positive he implanted at 14dpo and now he's5 yrs old the point being everyone is different and not even a little hcg showed up with him early the web is a scary place with scary pregnancy stories just try to keep faith

I got a very faint bfp 15 and 16 dpo and baby is growing wonderful! Hoping this is a sticky bean for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->