Faint Positive on FR disappeared??HELP

brillbride

Reaction score
hi everyone--i am roughly 9dpo...anyhow I keep getting faint positives on ICs all the time but im not sure if they are EVAP's--would i get so many??I have had over 10 at this stage....

anyhow so i took a FR this morn and was delighted to get a line come up as I hadnt the previous morning... Then i went to show DH and it had disappered...did anyone ever have this happen before????

thank you

sorry no pics

Sorry but I dont really know what that means. Perhaps its just a faulty test? Maybe get another.

It's happened to me several times. I am also wondering why. Have no idea. Hope someone else here knows!

thanx ohio and little kittens

going to test again tomorrow!x

Hi hun, It could be that when you take a hpt the dye runs over the strip and for a few moments it picks up the antibody strip (the area where if it is positive the line would be) and makes it more visible, once the dye has passed over it will go back to being less visible unless of course you are pregnant and you will have a positive test.

Hope that made sense.

Good luck

Hi hun, It could be that when you take a hpt the dye runs over the strip and for a few moments it picks up the antibody strip (the area where if it is positive the line would be) and makes it more visible, once the dye has passed over it will go back to being less visible unless of course you are pregnant and you will have a positive test.

Hope that made sense.

Good luck

That makes sense. But...if that is the case, I wonder why the instructions say to read the results at 3 minutes and to disregard any results after 10 minutes. If the ones who make/sell the FRER know that it is likely to look positive at 3 minutes then negative at 10 minutes then they also must realize their instructions are misleading. ???

i agree with u ohio----none of my other tests do that--not even my IC's !!! it seems a strange thing to happen

i agree with u ohio----none of my other tests do that--not even my IC's !!! it seems a strange thing to happen

I wasn't saying that is what you experienced I was merely stating a possible explanation. I have taken more pregnancy tests than I care to remember and have seen this a few times but admittedly I have only used frer once so not much experience on that front. Like I said you asked for opinions on what happened and I gave a possible scenario. Only thing you can do is test again with a different brand test tomorrow with first morning urine. Maybe I should have just said that in the first place and not bothered writing up a personal experience.

Hope you get the result you want.

If it disappears then it's not pos. Pos. will not diappear after a time limit. They say not look at it after 10 min. b/c of evaps. Good luck!

hello i just had the same thing happen this morning, line appeared within 60 seconds i took a pic, so i could send it to my husband then about 15 mins later i looked at it and the line slowly started to disappear, i actually watched it vanish, i broke test apart once husband came home and not even a faint line but when u turn the strip to the side you can see 2 pink lines, it was a midsteam test. im so confused ill test again tomorrow, let me no how you get on. hope you dont mind me up loading a pic on your thread but maybe we have same tests as mine says read at 3 mins also xx

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member