Faint Positive on Test, Negatives on other

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by rosy13, Oct 3, 2013.

1. rosy13

rosy13 Active Member

Hi, I am new to this site and am looking for your opinion. It is 2 days before my period is scheduled to start, and yesterday I took an early detection test that showed a VERY faint positive. This morning, I took another and it was a clear negative. They were different brands; yesterday's was a Walgreens test (blue dye) and this morning was First Response (pink dye). Have you had experience with this? What do you recommend?

I have been extremely fatigued with a headache, light cramping, nausea, etc. but inconveniently those are similar symptoms to PMS...

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

2. BullsBabe

BullsBabe Expecting Our Lil Miracle

Hi there!!

Unfortunately I can't help with any advice, maybe try a third test? Because now the odds are pretty even? FX'd for you though! I'm 5dpo and feeling I'm losing my mind:wacko:

3. MrsWKJ

MrsWKJ Well-Known Member

Blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. However that doesn't mean you always get a false positive. May be your levels are still low, wait till you AF due date and then test with FRER. GL x