Faint positive test w/ negative bloodwork

LaterriaT

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

This is my first time using this site and I really hope that I get some god insight today. So I just got diagnosed with Pcos last month and I haven't had a period since Feb 28, 2016. I've always been irregular so it's never phased me. DH and I have been TTC for a little longer than a year now with no luck. I haven't had any medication to help with conceiving yet at this point. So, yesterday I took a pregnancy test because I've been feeling weird. I never breakout and I've had pimples all on my face which is weird because I just started drinking nothing but water this entire month. Also, my boobs are tender , not too much or anything just tender when I touch them, I've been a little naseated some mornings, and I pee a lot more. So I took a pregnancy test yesterday and today with FMU and both were faint positives. Trust me , I know what a negative looks like lol but I went to my see my dr. To get a blood test and she called back and said it was negative. I also took a digital that was also negative . Also, I do still ovulate , I just don't have periods atleast that's what my dr. Told me . So is it possible that I am pregnant but it's just too early for the blood test and digital ? Pls help me! Thankyou in advance

You could be extremely early. I have positive pregnancy test and positive digital test. Went to the doctor and my urine was negative there. Just took a digital a few minutes ago and it says (pregnant 1-2). Get my blood results back on Monday. I think you are just very early on.

Its extremely rare that you would be pregnant & get a negative blood test if you were getting a positive home pregnancy test.

In fact, Im not even sure that's possible. Even a hcg reading of 1 is going to show up on a blood test. It is the most accurate way of testing.

Do you have a photo of the pregnancy test? Have they gotten any darker? Is it just a bad batch?

I have to agree with Buffy. A quantative blood test would show even a level of 1. Less than 5 is negative but the chance of getting a line with a level less than 5 is almost impossible. What tests did you use? Certain tests are giving horrible evap lines at the moment. Have you repeated any home tests?

Some doctors threshold for qualitative tests is 25, about the same for a digital. I had a negative urine test at Kaiser when my beta came back at 43 (gave urine then did my beta literally 5 minutes later).

But if the beta came back less than one, I just went through this. You can click my thread me again. Faint lines on a bunch of brand for a week but AF showed today :(

So hoping it was a qualitative test and you are just too early! FXed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->