Fainted at the gym

brunette&bubs

Mommy to James
Reaction score
So tonight I was doing a little heavier weights than usual because the barbell I typically use for curls was being used by someone else...

I felt really dizzy and put the weight down and then my arms went numb and i remember looking for the bench and just kind of falling over...:coffee:

I was fine and called my docs office (not the same doc that delivered my son) I was told by my doc to call for any falls or bleeding because I am RH negative

The nurse who called me back was SO mean. She told me this early on in my pregnancy when I've only had blood work and not a dating ultrasound she should REALLY not be taking my calls and I shouldn't be calling.

Then we reprimanded me about going too long between meals...kind of acting like I've never had a baby before.

Then said, you'll have to decide if it is worth it for you to go to the hospital because you're not far along so you will just go to the ER NOT OB.

I'm like, well thanks now that you made me feel like shit about calling... :cry:

Is this a typical response? I am seriously thinking about changing doctors.

Wow, I would be furious. I honestly would seriously consider switching. I wouldn't put up with being treated like that.

How incredibly rude! Is she implying you/your baby's well-being is less important because you are not far along? I would absolutely consider switching or if you really like your current Dr at the very least asking to speak with the office manager or sharing with the Dr him/herself...because that is really not OK.

I fell at work in my first trimester and my OBs office was happy to have my Dr call me back and ended up getting me in for a same day ultrasound just for re-assurance and peace of mind.

Call the doctor and tell him. Then switch.

Thanks everyone...I know I don't have a ticker on how far along I am but I am guessing about 4/5 weeks at this point.

My first ultrasound is March 1.

She did insinuate that I didn't really matter since I was so early. My doctor I had with my son was NEVER like this (it was a totally different office) and she in fact encouraged me to call EVEN if I felt like it was something stupid.

I talked to two of my girlfriends who know and they said absolutely unacceptable and to call the office manager

Oh please switch to someone else - that is not a good start to the relationship and wouldn't give me any confidence in the quality of care to come! Hope you are doing ok. Good for you for trying to keep working out right now but be careful too. I'm going to have to take some time off. I'm way too damn sick. Maybe you should take it easy for a while too. <3

Bummed...called my old doctor and they said they are not taking any more OB patients right now.

I am devastated I can't go back to her. I don't understand...If I'm so early on, due date likely mid-late October then why is it so full?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->