Fainting

please08

Dolly, Dinkie & The Bump
Reaction score
Fainting, dizzy spells........... Anyone getting these, pass 2 wk's I seem to be getting them alot more....... At the start I was saying twas when I hadn't ate anything for awhile but now tis whilst eating, just after food.... etc.....

increase your iron intake chick, i had those when i was anemic

My Mum always feels faint after eating. She says it because blood pressure drops as your stomach concentrates on digesting what's just gone into it, and she's not even pregnant!
I've started feeling really dizzy whenever I get too hot or thirsty.
As it's been going on for a while with you, maybe you should pop in to see your Doc or your mw and just check everything is ok?
Hope you feel better soon x

yer plus increased blood focuses on going to uterus and not your head, thus you feel faint more often. Just do things slowly.. get some more iron into your diet and generally take it easy. x

i keep going dizzy and have headaches and MW said its cos my BP keeps dropping to a low level (still safe) but my BP is usually high.

Yup, it does sound like low blood pressure. I have this anyway, but pregnancy heightens it as your body is diverting resources to your uterus and helping baby to grow strong! It may help to lie flat on your back for 5 minutes or so if you feel lightheaded or as if you may faint: This evens out the blood pressure by putting a little less strain on your heart to pump blood up to your head as well as everywhere else. Also, I sometimes find that a sudden increase in fluid intake (drinking a pint of water, say) can sometimes boost the blood pressure to help you get through a particularly "woozy" stage. Not sure why this is, but that's what my Occupational Therapist said!!

Take it easy, your body is working hard, it needs breaks more often :winkwink:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"