fairy hammocks and mooncups

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
does anybody use these?

im thinking of ordering some but thought id ask somebody for a review first!

My friend has a mooncup and swears by it. What's a fairy hammock?:blush:

pmsl

a fairy hammock is a reusable sanitry towel and a mooncup is... well... its like a tampon but not!

I haven't used a mooncup but I started using cloth san pro and they were great. So much nicer to wear and more comfortable.

Ive never heard of the hammock !! lol

Have heard of the mooncup though and have to say its def not my thing!!! dont think i would try it, ever !
https://www.mooncup.co.uk/menstrual_cup_whatisit.html
Imi heres a link for you ... https://www.mooncup.co.uk/menstrual_cup_whatisit.html

I've seen Mooncups but never tried one.

As for Fairy Hammocks... omg thats the best name for a sanni towel ever :rofl::rofl:

I found a link on them (HAD to google lol)
https://www.weenotions.wahmall.co.uk/traderplus/index.php?formaction=catdisplay&categoryID=2660

They look fun I might give them a go :D

Im not sure to be honest .. im in two minds about them :wacko:

I guess its the fact of having them hanging around to go in the wash .. i know you store them but ... hmm .. dunno.

A large number of my friends use the mooncup and swear by it. They think its the best thing since sliced bread! :happydance:

I think it costs about £17 but lasts years and years and is very environmentally friendly.

Mine has saved me a fortune in tampons and Pads - the mooncup is more healthier for you as tampons and pads are impregnated with chemicals to make them more absorbent - and they aalso dry you out too much.

Not tried the reusable pads yet.

Yer I'm gonna go for this - I swore I would last year! How many cups do you own? Just need 1?

I love my mooncup, and I don't need to use pads as I dont leak with it.

I went from 7days, v painful and heavy, to 4 days, no pain and light

My mooncup is brilliant and I would never go back to towels or tampons now. You only need to buy one and it lasts for years! I love it!

make sure you get the right size though

i've used a mooncup for years and I love it - would never ever use a tampon again ... they're so much better for you too (don't leave nasty fibres inside or dry you out and there's no risk of TSS as long as you make sure you clean it) and I have saved sooo much money!
i have 1 of both sizes but so far have only used the one, i sterilise it in between periods and you can boil it whenever you need to, they last for years.
had never heard of the fairy hammocks - how cute :rofl::rofl: i would try them though if i needed to use a towel
go on - give em a try!

I was THE biggest skeptic of the Mooncup.

I thought it was a horrible idea. I teased my best friend about it for ages. It just seemed like a very odd way to behave heh.

Funny how things change ;)

The big plus that made me consider it, is that you can sleep with them in place / leave them in without panicking about Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Once I tried it (and cut the reassuring but stupid 'stalk' off completely) there was no looking back!

I EVEN used it for the purposes of TTC... you never know, this could be a mooncup baby! ;) (I wanted to give the 'mans milk' as long as possible in there, but had to get out to work hehe)

Im going to go check out mooncups

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->