Fall and then Rise in HCG after being told I had miscarried?

princess1985

Mummy to Noah
Reaction score
3 weeks ago I had what me and the doctors thought was a miscarriage (pain, lots of bleeding and my hcg levels went from 1200 on 1st day of testing to 500 after 48 hours). When the doctor phoned to tell me my levels had dropped to 500 and we had "lost" the baby, she told me to take another pregnancy test in 2 weeks just to check.

I have been bleeding ever sine my "miscarriage" and still am now. When I did the test on Thursday it was positive so I phoned the hospital and they told me to come back in for another HCG test - it had risen to 2500 - they were slightly confused so did a scan and found I have gestational sac in my uterus. They now know its not ectopic but I don't understand what is happening and to be honest the doctors all seemed pretty confused at the hospital! They did confirm that I am now defo pregnant!

So now I'm wondering what the hell is going on I'm going back tom for another HCG test to see if it has risen again. I'm just so confused and wonder what I should be thinking - the fact I have been bleeding so much surely can't be right? And why did it fall and then rise?

Any help or answers would be fab!!

I'm sorry hun, I don't have any answers for you but didn't want to read and run. I think some women do bleed in early pregnancy and then all is ok anyhow. Don't know why the hcg levels would drop like that though. Good luck with the bloods tomorrow.

I wonder if you were preg with twins and maybe lost one???? I'm not sure Hun but I hope you get some answers! Got my fingers crossed for you xxxx

I was going to suggest the twin thing to? Maybe google it look for other similar stories? Good luck! Let us know about levels tomorrow.

Lots of us think alike here I was maybe thinking twins too. I m/c my first pregnancy and with my second i bled quite alot at the beginning but everything turned out fine.

OOps sorry posted that too early i wanted to say good luck tomorrow with the bloods, i hope everything sis ok.

Alot of people are going thru the bleeding stage at the moment so it seems...
Jake_1 had a similar story actually... talk to her. :)

Best Wishes.

losing a twin would explain the bleed then the drop in preg hormone then because the other twin is stiill growing why the hormone level has gone up again,i lost a twin with my first daughter and got very confused over the whole situation.

What a rollercoaster - fingers crossed for the blood test xx

It is not normal to have just a gest. sac. i would look up Blighted ovum and say what you think. I had one in 2005. my hcg was low and then dropped and went back up. (i had no bleeding though) and went in at 6 wks5days and only had a gest sac. if you were still pg from this pregnancy, how far along would you be?

My story is exactly the same. I was 3 weeks pregnant (5 weeks if counting since the begining of my cycle) when I started to bleed a lot. Went to the doctor, my HCG was 450 and they could see nothing in my uterus. 2 Days after, it went down to 350 and they told me I would miscarry. 2 days after, it went back to 450, and they could see something in my uterus. I am still bleeding, dark color. I don't know what to think. The doctor still thinks I will miscarry but I don't want to believe him. I have another test in 10 days. I am sorry I can't help, but it feels good to know I am not alone. I really hope it's fine. Sorry if it's not clear, english is not my first language.

As other posters have mentioned there is the chance it was a twin loss, but it it could also be a blighted ovum. It's good that it seems like your dr's are on top of things. Fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->