Fallback temp @ 2DPO?

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
hi ladies - hoping you can make me feel better. I could have SWORN that I Ovulated on Saturday (CD13). I experienced LOTS of twinges and cramps and weird things, can't really explain. Then Sunday I had a huge temp spike (from 97.20 to 97.70).

I was on a HIGH yesterday.

Then this morning, at 2DPO I had a large temp drop. From 97.70 to 97.32. I was pretty depressed. And of course started thinking of excuses as to why it dropped so low. We did have the ceiling fan on last night, but that's not new. I did wake up at 4AM to pee (should have temped) and I'm not sure I really fell back asleep before getting out of bed at 6AM. I was EXTRA tired this morning so I don't think I slept well. But that isn't new either.

See...I'm making up so many excuses. Then I get on Google and discover something called a Fallback rise, where your temps drops for 1 day at 2DPO (FF definition: Fallback rise: A normal ovulation pattern when your temperature rises then drops slightly immediately after ovulation and then rises again).

I know NOTHING can be certain until I temp for a few more days. I'm just curious if anyone out there has experienced this and still Ovulated when you thought you did?

Edit: i'm not doing OPK's this cycle as it was just all too much. Now I wish I was though :/

That's thing with temping....it, at times, leaves us confused and drives us crazy! Life was so simple when we didn't know so much :) Maybe you had such an awesome O that you had a major spike and now your body has calmed back down. Getting up to pee within 2 or 3 hours of my regular temping time ALWAYS affects my temp! I usually pencil that one in as "sleep deprived" so that FF disregards it. I'm sure it'll pop back up tomorrow :) GL!

I see on your chart you are not using OPK's this month? Maybe you didn't O yet at all...maybe today is your pre O dip :) I'd make sure you BD tonight if I were you :)

If you get up to pee, will that make your temp higher, or lower? I thought I had temping down! Haha

I am starting to think maybe today is O day...just with the feelings and the jump in temp on Sunday I was pretty convinced Saturday was the day. I slept REALLY well Saturday night too, which isn't normal. So when I saw the high temp I was pretty sure.

GRRR why does it have to be so confusing! Won't be able to BD tonight as the OH has a basketball game till really late.

It does usually make my temp higher when I have disturbed sleep, but it has made it lower a few times as well. And removing blankets or having the fan on has affected my temps as well...typically I get a lower temp in those cases. It may even have been the way you held you thermometer in your mouth. I know I've taken temps back to back (without moving or talking or anything) and gotten two completely different numbers! Heck, I've fallen asleep with the dam thing in my mouth and woken up to it beeping and just hanging in and then had to retake the temp! lol

I'd say g o to bed an hour early and set that alarm for when DH should be home....be waiting to jump him then!

Beachy, how is your chart looking after your temp dip? Did you ovulate?

I got the same thing this month, in my 2+ years of temping I have never seen a fallback rise so it is definitely strange for me. I am taking a ton of supplements and wonder if they are affecting things....

Anyway I too am VERY sure that I ovulated CD 10 or 11, but only had one nice high temp before the dip. I am hoping they go up high again tomorrow....

Beachy, how is your chart looking after your temp dip? Did you ovulate?

I got the same thing this month, in my 2+ years of temping I have never seen a fallback rise so it is definitely strange for me. I am taking a ton of supplements and wonder if they are affecting things....

Anyway I too am VERY sure that I ovulated CD 10 or 11, but only had one nice high temp before the dip. I am hoping they go up high again tomorrow....

Today FF gave me solid cross hairs saying I ovulated on CD13 (like I thought!!) :happydance:

So it seems like that one temp dip on 2DPO WAS a Fallback Rise!! This has never happened to me before!

Yay for crosshairs.
I got them too, but I won't be confident unless I see a high temp tomorrow. It's a weird cycle lol

Yay for crosshairs.
I got them too, but I won't be confident unless I see a high temp tomorrow. It's a weird cycle lol

I was pretty sure that when FF did give me cross hairs they were going to be dashes since I'm not doing anything but temping...so I was pretty shocked to see SOLID! Earlier in the week when I was plugging in fake temps to see what FF would do, it actually set my O day as CD15...so ya, I was pretty shocked this morning. And did a little dance in the bathroom! haha

I do feel like this is a weird cycle for me too, my temps are not typically this high, and I've never seen that weird temp drop on 2DPO before!

Yay for solid crosshairs :)
My temps seem to be behaving again. I am happy :p

Yay for solid crosshairs :)
My temps seem to be behaving again. I am happy :p

Yay! How many days left until you test?

My INTENTION is to wait at least another week.... but you can bet I will be testing by Friday or at any significant symptom :blush:

I got a faint BFP in August at 11DPO, I knew to test because the raw beef smelled rotten :haha:

What about you?

Haha...I'm the same way! I would like to NOT test until next week AFTER my AF is late, but i'm sure if I feel any kind of pregnancy symptoms I will be testing this weekend!!

Good Luck to us!!!

Good luck :)
I only have one IC and one Digi left... trying to resist buying 10 more ICs :p

I have 2 First Response tests left, trying not to buy more so that I DON'T test too soon!

Just wanted to say good luck this cycle beachy! We are taking a break for now.

Thank you! Sorry to hear you are taking a break, I hope everything is ok!

I believe I'm out already...had some brown spotting yesterday that turned into red/dark red/dark brown spotting last night. Off and on weird dark red spotting this am, and just got what looks like lining on the toilet paper.

Took a test this AM since I didn't get much on the tampon overnight but bfn...100% certain this is AF coming early...I've had a terrible cough and cold all week I think I actually pushed her out sooner! Ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->