Fallback temperature?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Jezzielin, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Jezzielin

Jezzielin Well-Known Member

What is that? I had a low temperature this morning 96.73 but I woke up cold without any covers as my dog and hubby took them! I went back to bed for 15 minutes with the comforter (I wear same PJs/bed covers every night to stay consistent), then checked again and 97.52! I am playing with both on FF but heard 2-3DPO you can have this. Apparently it is supposed to shoot back up?

Anyone ever have this? Any significance?

I don't trust my temp because I woke up feeling cold without covers. Though maybe if it is a true temperature, it could be a fallback temperature that ensures that I ovulated...

Anyway, just wondering!

2. Helena_

Helena_ Well-Known Member

I had the EXACT thing this morning. Am I think 2dpo and woke up cold with a low temp. I went back to sleep and used a bbt adjuster and it was higher

so 1dpo it was 98 then dropped to 97.7 this morning (with the adjuster it said 98).

I recorded 97.7 but will change it to 98 if ff doesn't give me cross hairs because I was very cold when I woke up and am very certain I ovulated when I think I did.

3. Jezzielin

Jezzielin Well-Known Member

I wish tons of :dust: to you! Do you do OPKs? If you are 2DPO, must say - good BD timing!:thumbup:

4. Helena_

Helena_ Well-Known Member

I was doing opks but never got a positive...I got a really close to positive the night before supposed Ovulation. so I figure maybe I either don't get positives or missed my surge or wasn't holding my pee long enough. And I know it worked out amazingly. I was doing every other night and then one night started drinking and got pissed off and said screw this schedule and did it on an off night. Really hope that was my o day!