Falling over!

squishorz

Reaction score
I fell a few days ago, and was crying out of shock - though not pain.
I was sure the baby was protected well enough as my fall was not that bad, and I just tried to keep calm and concentrate on my baby's movements. I feel him/her kicking all the time and really am not worried after doing some research online and being reassured.
They say for the baby to be in danger, I would have to have hurt myself during the fall, which I hadn't at all.
I told a few people about my little incident, and they just looked down on me as if I'm a bad 'mum to be' for not going to get checked out :( Was I wrong in waiting to feel movements myself? I don't wanna be going to the docs everytime something happens, unless I myself am properly worried..
If something felt wrong, I would have been to the docs in a shot..but i wasn't sore at all and would have felt incredibly silly.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of this, and have any of you fell yet during your pregnancy?

If your baby is still moving and you're not leaking fluid or feeling dizzy or feeling contractions, then I think you're ok. In my opinion, people run to the doctor for everything. They are just people and do their best to help us, but what is a doctor going to do to help the situation? Hope you're doing well now.

I fell a couple of days ago on my way into work. I was a little shaken up too but really only hurt my knees and hands. Baby was moving fine and I wasn't having any cramping or bleeding or anything. I didn't go and get checked out either.

I fell a few days ago, and was crying out of shock - though not pain.
I was sure the baby was protected well enough as my fall was not that bad, and I just tried to keep calm and concentrate on my baby's movements. I feel him/her kicking all the time and really am not worried after doing some research online and being reassured.
They say for the baby to be in danger, I would have to have hurt myself during the fall, which I hadn't at all.
I told a few people about my little incident, and they just looked down on me as if I'm a bad 'mum to be' for not going to get checked out :( Was I wrong in waiting to feel movements myself? I don't wanna be going to the docs everytime something happens, unless I myself am properly worried..
If something felt wrong, I would have been to the docs in a shot..but i wasn't sore at all and would have felt incredibly silly.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of this, and have any of you fell yet during your pregnancy?

i havent fallen over but its more luck than judgement! you know your own body if you know you havent hurt yourself then i wouldnt worry, you probably dont remember exactly how you fell but i put money on the fact your hands went out first cushioning impact, people have car accidents whilst pregnant and lots of other horrible things happen so statistically sure you will be fine, if babies routine changes then for peace of mind have a scan but , no i wouldnt be rushing to docs either if i felt it wasnt needed.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"