False labour? Or true labour?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by alisha1418, May 15, 2019.

1. alisha1418

alisha1418 Mother of three girls!

So for about three to two days now I’ve been having what is called false labour. Which I’ve never experienced like this were you feel like slight contractions and they go.
    But starting last night they haven’t eased up. I’m able to sleep through them until about an hour ago. It’s like 4:44am.
    I’ve been having those pains in my groin and back. Now my legs are stupidly sore from it were no matter how I lay down or switch positions they won’t stop. They’ll ease for a bit but come back my legs are in pain when they do.

I’m not sure if these are real contractions since having the false ones for the past couple of days have been messing me up. This is my third child. I’m 34 weeks and 4 days.
    I’ve had my second child at 34 weeks and I knew right away that I was going into labour. This time it’s hard to tell.
    Any moms experience this before?

2. Perplexed

Perplexed Mommy of 2

I think it's worth calling your L&D unit and letting them know what's going on. Especially since you had your 2nd baby at 34 weeks it wouldn't hurt to be cautious. Hope everything is ok.

3. julesmw

julesmw Well-Known Member

I agree. I would get checked out.

4. ClairAye

ClairAye Single parent to one of each! ♡

I'd get checked out, my second labour started with two days of mild contractions that went away but then came back and I had a quick labour. Fingers crossed it's not labour yet!