False negatives?

Arohanui

Mum (former LTTTC)
Reaction score
Hi, anyone had any experience with negative test results but we're actually pregnant?

My AF is 11 days late and I 'feel' pregnant (boobs are sore, very tired, lightheaded) but I've taken 3 HPT now (each 2 days apart) and all are negative.

This is (possibly) my 3rd pregnancy so I know the signs, but with my first 2 I got strong lines just a couple of days after my missed period. My other pregnancies were conceived using clomid and Letrozole though, after many years TTC and I'm not on any ovulation medications now, so am I just reading into 'symptoms' what I want to see - is it just wishful thinking?

Is it possible to be this late with pregnancy symptoms and still have negative results but actually be pregnant?

I really hope so, we've not had an easy journey trying to become pregnant and I desperately want my son to have a sibling.

Any advice on what to do next? Do I go to see my GP, and risk being told my pregnancy is just in my head? Or just keep waiting for AF to arrive? Or could this all actually be something else entirely?

Have you tried diluting ? You could have the hook effect where the hcg levels are so high a urine test wont work . I have experienced not having a positive test till af was 3 +weeks late

Not sure if you have found out you were pregnant, but when I was pregnant with my first, I took 3 tests 10, 12 and 14 days after my missed period and they were all negative (2 first response early response and 1 dollar store cheapie).
I didn't get a positive until I was 5/6 weeks along via a blood test.

Thanks for the replies. My AF arrived nearly 3 weeks late so I got my answer 😢 Not sure why I was having the dizzy spells and tender breasts, but all that stopped just before AF showed up. Oh well, it's the start of another month and another chance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->