False Negatives?

AliiDos

Reaction score
So, I'm a week late as of yesterday and I haven't been late for two years!
I know I'm pregnant, although I never have been before, I know my body and I know something's up. I've never been more sure of anything in my life! I feel completely different; I'm nauseous, tired, hungry and moody. That's why I was so shocked this morning when I got a negative test result, I really don't believe it. People say the test is always right but I remain unconvinced.
I'm just wondering how many of you lovely ladies on here have had negative tests and turned out to be pregnant? Is intuition our best indicator after all?
Thanks in advance! :D xx

Back in August 2009 I had to take a pregnancy test before being allowed to have the depo injection. It was negative and I got the injection.

2 months later I discovered I was pregnant and thought the depo had failed. Had an ultrasound which showed I was 5-6 weeks pregnant when I had it, so I'd had had a false negative. Sadly I did lose the baby but my point is that yes, it can happen.

Get yourself to the docs and they can do a blood test to check hon.

Oh and welcome!

Oh no, I'm sorry for your loss! :(
Yeah I think I'll phone the doc's tomorrow morning and book myself in, fingers crossed!

If your hcg levels are slow rising it can take a while for enough of the hormone to build up and give you that :bfp:

Also it isn't uncommon for a HPT to be dodgy, always best to do two different brands in that case.

Wishing you luck :dust:

Feisty - Just heard from my mum that she didn't get a positive until she was two months gone with my younger brother! So maybe I do have slow rising HCG, who knows!
I'll get a more sensitive one methinks, do it in a week.
Thank you!

It's not the "norm", but it certainly can happen! I took a IC test this am and got BFN... but still no AF... so if she continues to be a no show I'll get a different brand of test and try again tomorrow am. This does happen... so if you "have a feeling", then I would go buy another brand of tests to make sure. But a blood test at a doctors office should tell you either way!

Best of luck to you hun! Fingers crossed!

the test isn't necessarily right; you may not have done it properly, your pee perhaps wasn't as concentrated as it should have been, perhaps your HcG levels are still quite low, it may have been a dud test... there are so many possible causes. Test again, and good luck!

Well I just did a clearblue digital! It said 'not pregnant' in the test window but I opened it up and found this! What do you guys make of it? xxx
https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l220/Silly_emo_girl_alex/IMG00041-20110128-1809.jpg

Unfortunately, those blue dye tests get evap lines OFTEN. It's sucky.... but why I don't use them anymore (even for OPKs, as I would get a line no matter when I tested- which made it hard to know when it was truly pos+). I only use the pink dye tests.

I would trust the digi part though hun. I'm sorry it didn't say positive. Is there a way you can get to the doc and get checked out? So you have a more concrete answer?

Best of luck to you hun!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->