False positive?!

MissEleonora

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of pregnancy symptoms Ive been feeling unusually light headed and dizzy, feel so nauseous and emotional and I even had a very strange back cramp. I also have very vivid dreams including sleep paralysis idk if that’s a symptom? So I took a Sainsburys test at 10dpo I knew it was a bit too early considering my period is due tomorrow and I’m currently 12dpo but I did it anyway and It was negative at first and I’m kind of pessimistic about these things so I just threw my test in the draw but I looked at it again 15 mins later and it was a full on positive well a bit faint but positive and I know that the test doesn’t count after 10 mins so i didn’t get excited but decided to test with first response the next day and it was negative.... I heard a lot about these Sainsbury’s tests and I feel so gutted that it was a false positive or a very blue Evap Line.. I took another first response test today and I thought I saw a line a very very faint line but I think it’s just an indent. I feel so depressed because I feel like it will never happen for me. I’ve been trying for nearly a year and I have regular cycles (35) my period is due tomorrow xx

I've been in the same boat as you a couple of times, i've been TTC for 4 months, it's not that long but I've had a false positive on a clearblue. Was very disheartening. I've just learned not to test so early. I'd wait till AF comes and if she's late then take another test. I wish you the best of luck false positives are so mean (blue dye tests can be meanies for indents) but fingers crossed hun xx

I too have had some awful false positives on CB early detection. FRER are pretty awful for indents too, had loads of those!
Are you trying anything to help you conceive?

The only thing I do is take trying to conceive vitamins I know that’s not a lot but not sure what else I could do also im pretty broke so can’t afford ovulation tests I only have the vitamins because my boyfriend sister just got pregnant and doesn’t need them anymore and she had loads. My af hasn’t arrived yet but I feel very wet down there sorry tmi lol but still getting bfn and run out of tests :(

I'm a little broken atm too, but I got a set of OPK's for £3 or so, i got 30 of them. It's the first time I've ever used them but I now realise I ovulate a few days earlier than i initially thought. I also got some conceive plus lubricant (4 tubes for £15 off ebay) and I've read many reviews of how amazing the stuff it, and alot of women conceived within the first month of using it! I can't say for a fact that it works as I've only used it this cycle and I'm not due to test for a while. It's something to invest in next cycle if you didn't conceive this month.

You're not out untill AF comes, some women don't get positives until quite late. How long have you been TTC for? :)
Fingers crossed for you x

Well as soon as I get payed I’ll definietly buy some (that’s if I’m not pregnant haha) and yeah I’ve heard a lot about these lubricants I happen to work at boots and I’ve seen a lubricant that helps with conception so might get that one since I have a discount and yeah that’s true I’m trying to stay positive but it’s hard! :( I’ve been trying for nearly a year, I feel like because my boyfriend is a diabetic who smokes our chances aren’t as high but af hasn’t showed up yet so praying and hoping this is our month how long have you been ttc? Thank you so much xx

Smoking won't do anything for his swimmers, can he swap to vaping instead?

The best way to get all the vitamins and minerals in you is through diet, which is the cheapest way to do it too since you have to eat anyway.
Have you any known issues or have you noticed any? OPKs don't have to be expensive, I buy mine from Amazon, about a fiver for 30 of them and they're reliable.
Also you could try temping, bbt thermometers aren't expensive and it's a simple thing to do which can tell you a fair bit about your cycles, and can indicate any potential problems.
There are things you can eat, drink and take to help but this depends on a few things as some won't be necessary

Yeah he’s been vaping recently and his sugars have been in a ‘normal’ range so hopefully his swimmers are okay and healthy! It’s hard for me to keep my diet alright at the moment because I’m in a difficult position living with my boyfriends mum who doesn’t cook and doesn’t buy food at all so I rely on snacks and expired food that my job lets me take. I’ve been planning to buy cheap opks from amazon but not sure which ones are good which ones do you get? Also wanted to start temping as well I’m getting payed at the end of this month so I’ll defineitly start eating right and buying all these things to improve my chances. I personally don’t think I have any issues with myself I feel quite healthy and I’ve always had regular cycles I have no idea if it means anything but I have never been on the pill and never had any sort of contraception it probably means nothing but I basically never took anything that can affect my cycles so not sure. Also my weight is perfect and I’m young so my fertility should be alright but at the end of the day I wouldn’t know since I don’t go to the doctors haha

It is difficult to stay positive at times, but it's the best thing you can do, even if the witch comes :/ I've only been TTC for nearly 4 months, I'm currently 5DPO and symptom spotting already :/. I really hope this turns into a BFP for you :) x

Yes that is so true, yesterday I noticed brown spotting on my panty liner :/ I have no cramps though so it can’t be my period and I never spot before my period my period always always just comes on and the only brown spotting I ever get is after my period is finished sometimes so I have no idea what’s that about I don’t think it could be implantation bleeding because I’m 4 days late and 17dpo?? Also I noticed when I wiped (sorry tmi) yellow mucusy looking cm kind of gooeyish I never had that before in my life so confused! And still no sign of af but tested this morning bfn but I tested with a very cheap non sensitive test (boots) thank you babe and I hope you get yours too what are your symptoms so far? Xx

Boots are awkward tests I find as the strip seems to stay this purplish colour.
Anyway, why is your boyfriend's mum not buying food? That's bizarre! When you can just buy in some basic vegetables and fruit, some beans and pulses, basics like rice and pasta (wholemeal if possible), grab yourself some takeaway containers (they sell them cheap in places like Poundstretcher and Morrisons) and make up batches of pasta sauces, soups and maybe some curry sauces and things like this, freeze some and refrigerate a couple. They're cheap and easy to make and super healthy. I have a million recipe books if you're stuck for anything. The eat well for less book is a good one to buy if you can.

The OPKs, I use One Step off Amazon, green strips. They have always been reliable for me, and many others. Some can be a little dented but most of them are ok

Yes I know she’s a bit crazy whenever I have any food and put it in the fridge she ends up throwing it away even water claiming it’s old when it was bought the day before. I guess when I get payed I’ll stick to eating ‘healthy’ takeaway like salads etc not sure yet but thank you so much for your advice and I’ll defineitly but those off amazon too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->