False Positive?

Skyye

bfp for baby #1 Jan 8, 2020 | Mum to 1
Reaction score
Firstly, October 18-23 was my period from start to finish, and I had a bit of spotting left over which I don't normally have after a period. My period is always a normal five day period, 28 day cycle.

I took a pregnancy test November 1, because I was having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms, the digital FRER test came back positive with a yes+, and the FRER line test came back negative. I freaked out because-finally, I was pregnant! I took a cheapie from Walmart and t was the darkest positive I'd ever gotten on the 85 cent test, so I waited til the next morning to retest with another FRER digital and line test, and even a blue dye line test. I took all three the next morning, and only the blue dye was positive, the rest a No-, negative, then I took two clearblues, both Not Pregnant, and then a few more line tests which were also negative, I took another blue dye and it came out a clear positive right away. I dont get what happened to cause a FRER positive the first day I tested. After that one yes, all I've gotten is negative after negative, and I doubt I just had a chemical pregnancy because I did not bleed at all, not enough to be a CP or miscarriage, I had literally found like LEGIT one small, dot of blood ONCE, when i say it was a tiny tiny dot, it was literally like a microbe dot, in my toilet paper and that was a day before I first tested and got a positive FRER I don't get what the heck is going on. I don't want to hear a "You had a chemical!1!" I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt I had a chemical right now. Maybe during my period yeah, but not now. I don't know if dropping the FRER test while it was getting the result caused a false positive or what? All I know is it couldn't have been any miscarriage. I don;t have the money to go to a doctor right now since I blew it all on tests that I was hoping to be positive finally, but nope, ever since then all ive gotten are negatives...That false positive is literally the most disappointing most depressing thing ever for my husband and I both. I don't want to hear a "You tested too early, 2DPO isn't late enough" I wasn't testing to see if I was pregnant from this ovulation. Im 5DPO now. My ov was the 30th.

Do you have pictures of your tests hun? X

Do you have pictures of your tests hun? X
No, I threw them away two days ago because they all pissed me off and upset me. Theyre all gone now. I only have words.

Could it have been leftover HCG from an early MC or a chem pregnancy that ended with your period?
As it can take time for HCG to go down. That or a faulty test is all I can think of but false positives aren't supposed to happen on the decent tests only the cheapies.
Fx for you!

Just to add I would maybe go to the Dr and ask for a blood test, not trying to scare you but I think positive then negative without a period can be a sign of ectopic. :hugs:

Isn't there a medical condition that can cause false positives?

"In very rare cases, you can have a false-positive result. This means you're not pregnant but the test says you are. You could have a false-positive result if you have blood or protein in your pee. Certain drugs, such as tranquilizers, anticonvulsants, hypnotics, and fertility drugs, could cause false-positive results."

From Web md

After having three early losses (that really just seemed like a period) nothing was different about it. Maybe a day off bc I was taking progesterone. I was just testing early so I caught it. I can't help but think that you had a chemical pregnancy. Bc it sounds like mine. Granted. Digital tests aren't as sensitive and blue dye test suck! You may have tested for it at the right time. But look at like this. Typically after a chemical pregnancy, a rainbow baby can follow. Your body WANTS TO be pregnant. So once it gets pregnant, chances are, you have an easier time getting there again.

This is also why ppl are recommending that you see a Dr.

Screenshot_20191112-205117.png

Last edited:
Wow we are not doctors , you sound rude as hell . Maybe actually go to the doctors they will give you the answers your looking for!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->