family and pregnancy DO NOT mix grr rant alert

19Sarah87

mom of 2
Reaction score
hi, i just need to rant.

Basically when i found out i was pregnant i told my nan the name i wanted as id thought about it some months before if i ever had another baby and it was a girl. Anyway shes now put a claim to it and telling other people she told me about the name, i just feel so angry ( strong word but im in terrible moods hormones and not smoking i could go for blood lol) thats shes telling everyone. It feels like i havent had any of the excitment so far my mum went and told nearly everyone i was pregnant before i had the chance, my nans going around telling everyone about the name i want. I am so unbelievably stressed. Yep i may of blew this way out of propertion but still. I dont know if its hormones nd the torment of giving up smoking its been 3 days and its getting so hard but with everything else thats going on im on the verge of abandoning my family ( not my oh and ds i love them :haha:). Kind of like sod em,

sorry rant over xx

Family can be great and they can be awful at times like this. I'm specifically not telling my older sister yet (my younger sister knows) as I am afraid she'll offer her "advice". You can be guaranteed that she will not offer me even one scrap of maternity clothes or of the things she's had for her 2 kids, even though she has said she isn't having any more, but you can be damn sure she'd be inspecting every morsel I put past my lips etc just to find something to chastise me about!!

Just breath deeply hon!! xx

I feel your pain. My MIL has decieded she doesnt like any of the names we have picked and she is going to call the baby whatever she feels like I wanna scream at her and tell her its not her choice in the baby's name its mine and my husbands and she needs to butt out

I feel your pain. My MIL has decieded she doesnt like any of the names we have picked and she is going to call the baby whatever she feels like I wanna scream at her and tell her its not her choice in the baby's name its mine and my husbands and she needs to butt out

My nans like that, she tell everyone what to call the babies, i have had her slagging both my brothers choice of names to me which i found disgusting. The only name she liked was my choicer and now shes gone and told everyone.
Ibet you feel like calling you MIL a few hand picked names yourself lol

Family can be great and they can be awful at times like this. I'm specifically not telling my older sister yet (my younger sister knows) as I am afraid she'll offer her "advice". You can be guaranteed that she will not offer me even one scrap of maternity clothes or of the things she's had for her 2 kids, even though she has said she isn't having any more, but you can be damn sure she'd be inspecting every morsel I put past my lips etc just to find something to chastise me about!!

Just breath deeply hon!! xx

It is a shame that family cant be handpicked. I think im just going to live in my own little bubble until babys born lol.

Ihope your sisters easy on you when you do tell her, luckily for me my brothers dont care it cant sad but hey its all good xx

The sad thing is, she's my older sister, she's had 2 kids, this is my first, it would be great if I could rely on her for advice and for support, but for some reason she's never been happy with any of the choices I've made in life. She thought I was "mad" for moving in with my then boyfriend (now my husband) 3 years ago when I moved to London, she thought I was "mad" for leaving a very well paid job that I was miserable in...the list goes on. She will probably have a go at me for not owning a house before I had kids. I live in London (well, just outside), if I waited until I owned a house I would probably be in myn 40s, and I do not want to wait that long!

Just because she has her perfect little life with her own house, husband and 2 kids etc...looks great on the surface, but underneath it's a very different story, she just won't admit it!

I feel your pain. My MIL has decieded she doesnt like any of the names we have picked and she is going to call the baby whatever she feels like

Wow, wtf is her problem?? How bitchy (and controlling!). I think we're going to keep the name a secret....

Wow, wtf is her problem?? How bitchy (and controlling!). I think we're going to keep the name a secret....

I think that's a very good plan! It also helps prevent other people stealing the name in the meantime! haha

I've been lucky so far with my family, but only the immediate family and close friends know, so far. But I'm waiting for the unsolicited advice from my mother-in-law. Luckily I don't talk to her much. I have had a family member already ask, "Oh...will you have a nickname?" GRRRREAT, thanks. :wacko:

But I do like the suggestion of changing it and not telling anyone! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->