Family discussion coming up, desperately need information.

-WhoKnew-

Reaction score
OK girls I desperately need you lovely ladies to help me....... yet again :blush:
Can you give me any idea of what benefits I can get? Anything and Everything Please.
If I'm guna fight to keep this baby I need more information than I have currently. One major thing I can't really help is the fact my mum is registered disabled and when my Dad is away with work I look after her so how the monkeys I'll manage a baby no idea!
I've heard of care to learn and the healthy start vouchers you're entitled to.
What about if I'm 16? If your parents still get that child benefits ( I don't know if that stops once you turn 16)??
You've all been so helpful and supportive so far Thanks a bunch =]
All of you take care
Lots of love
Grace xxxx

Hi hun go to the benefits website they all the info on child tax credits and income support im not sure if you will qualify at your age but i think your mom can claim for you ,, have a good browse through x

I can't really help you much because I am from the states. I wish you the best of luck with this and hope your parents give you the chance to keep your beautiful bean! One argument you may be able to win with is the affects of abortion. Many women are emotionally scared and become depressed or suicidal after an abortion. There are also physical effects that come with it. There is a chance that they may leave some of the baby behind inside of you (it happened to a friend) and they may also scar your tissue and you won't be able to conceive after. I hope this helped you out some! I will pray for you sweety. :hugs:

hi hun at 16 you can claim income support yourself your mother doesnt need to claim it for you also you can get a £190 grant at 25 weeks i think not sure on the weeks but I know you can get that and you will also get child benefit when baby is born xxx hope that helps you

First of all I love your name ;) lol

Second you will be entitled to child tax credits, income support and if you have your own home, housing/council tax benefits. How much you get for each of these is worked out by taking into account your current circumstances such as if you have a partner (most benefits will be done as a couple then rather than seperately) Also you will get family allowance (£20 a week) which everyone gets. And like you said, healthy start vouchers. Hope that helps x

Hello;

I'm looking into this myself.

Here goes;

Income support
Housing Benefit (If you and your partner earn less than 16k...Thats if you're moving out)
Child tax credit
Baby bonus grants, £190 but you may be entitled to £500
& Council tax benefits

if you go on the direct.gov website theres loads of info on there about benifits your entilted too! Good luck with the discussion hun :) xx

If you claim income support you'll definately get the healthy start vouchers (£3.10 weekly) Sure Start Maternity Grant (£500) and Health in Pregnancy Grant (£190)

Thats what you'll get before baby. Afterwards you still get income support plus child beneift, think its about £20 a week. Oh and £6.10 healthy start vouchers after! The other stuff depends on whether you live at home or have a partner.

I personally find entitledto.com confusing so make an app at the job centre to see what you can claim when. They'll sort you out with all the forms x

My mum's on disability benefits which meant, with my only being 17 at the time that she could claim the £500 sure start maternity grant for me, so you'll definately get that, as im presuming you live with her?

i was 16 when i got pregnant with my first and i couldn't get child benefit because my mum was still claiming for me so she had to stop before i could get anything so then i was claiming income support for myself and child benefit and child tax for Jayden. you will also get the healthy start vouchers and care to learn when your in education. whilst pregnant you are entitled to a sure start maternity grant and health in pregnancy grant too depending on your family household income xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->