Family fever moreso than baby fever?

chocolatechip

Reaction score
These are just kind of my random musings for the day. I realized that while I think babies are adorable and cuddly, I don't actually have "baby fever". I more have "family fever" and kind of this tugging sense of wanting to finally start doing things as a family instead of a couple.

Does anyone else feel this way? Like they're not crazy baby-lovers so much as just feeling that need to take the next step?

I know exactly what you mean! I'm in a very different situation as I already have 2 and waiting to start TTC#3 but for me it's not so much for the baby but more extending our family and home life!

For sure. I actually really disliked the baby stage with my LO, so wanting another is completely based on wanting two children, a sibling for my daughter, etc. Definitely more about the big picture than wanting to live the baby stage again.

I'm the same too! I want a family, not a baby if that makes sense?! So you aren't alone, you took the words right outta my mind haha

I can definitely relate to that. I really like the label you give it as "family fever".

I think that I got "baby fever" in the sense of wanting to prepare for the baby, having everything ready, planning what kind of nurturing parent I wanted to be. Getting information on baby wearing, breastfeeding, birthing, etc.

But that's different than the feeling I know some woman have of wanting and needing a baby with them, a feeling that they start to have again when their child stops being a small baby. I think I fall into the "family fever" category! I love the baby stage but I'm not necessarily ready to start over once it's over - it depends on when I feel the need for a bigger family - that type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->