• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Family/friends trying to put you off TTC?

maybabydoll

Other
Reaction score
Hi All :flower:

Just wondering if anyone has experience this, but as the title suggests, have your family/friends tried to put you off TTC?

Basically I have one DS (age 2) and would like more. But with DS I was had bad SPD and lots of birth complications, followed by a year of sleeplessness and reflux. Basically as a family we nearly fell apart :wacko: But things are good now and finally been given the all clear from the hospital (I know 2 year 3 months on!! :dohh:)

I'm quite excited (but scared) about the idea of TTC #2, but my mum thinks we're mad for even thinking about it and is really anti the idea. :nope: I do wonder if, in part, she was scared of losing me (her baby) after all the birth complications I had (i.e. internal bleeding/emergency surgery etc)

Anyone experienced this or similar? What did you do? :hugs:

Yes, me! DF and I have made it clear that we want more children, but both of our mothers want us to stop with DS because they think they're doing us a favor and that it would make our lives so much easier to just do one and done. We don't want "easier" lives though, we want more babies! No offense to your mom, but I think you should tell her that it's your body and your life and she doesn't have a right to tell you how many children you should or shouldn't have no matter what kind of birth complications you may have had last time.

My boyfriends mum I telling I nt to have children, it drives me crazy!! My parent are all excited about us having kids and then bfs dad is at the stage of if we where pregnant then he would be happy with it, but his mum will probably kill us if she finds out we are expecting . I don't even know why ! Lol

Thanks, thought it was just me! It's hard because you would have thought they would love more grandchildren!! ;)

This isn't really putting off per sae but I told my friend I want two or three children.She said that's a lot but didn't say anything along the lines of telling me that's wrong.

Whenever I mention us having a baby to my mother in law she tells me I am too young. Exactly the same happens when I talk about it to my work colleagues, they all say 'but you're so young wait a few more years, you have got loads of time'. Aargghhh!!! :dohh: I'm 26!! Not really old but not mega young either. I do have a bit of a baby face but still!!

Grrrrrrrrr

Whenever I mention us having a baby to my mother in law she tells me I am too young. Exactly the same happens when I talk about it to my work colleagues, they all say 'but you're so young wait a few more years, you have got loads of time'. Aargghhh!!! :dohh: I'm 26!! Not really old but not mega young either. I do have a bit of a baby face but still!!

Grrrrrrrrr

I think the fact that so many women have started having their first babies in their 30's and 40's has given society this stipulation that 20 somethings or any women that whose biological clocks are not ticking are too young to have children, which is completely not the case. Society goes straight from telling you that you're too young to telling you that you're starting to get too old, you just can't win either way. Don't worry about other people telling you that you're "too young", 26 is a perfect age to have your first baby! :hugs:

I think 26 is an nice age too start thinking about TTC, we started at 27 but with MC/trying I didn't get preggers until 30 anyway. You never know how long it will take x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"