Fanny

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by mrscookie, Oct 4, 2008.

1. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

So for those American folk among us... where did the word '' fanny'' (word for ass in America) come from?

I mean, when I say fanny, I mean foo foo, kitty cat.... you know what im saying lol but when I went to florida a few years back, we were on a glass bottom boat trip and this lady goes '' Ohh i just need to shut my fanny bag''
    Needless to say, my mom and me nearly died from laughing, it was the first time I had heard that word used for a different meaning.
    :blush:

2. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I think in the UK we call fanny a fanny because Fanny was a popular girl's name, just like John Thomas, Dick etc...

Fanny for flanks on a horse though, not sure! Oh but I think that's why American's say fanny for bum.

3. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

hahaha you're good! :D
    xxxxxxxx

4. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

lol Thanks!

5. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

lol when i was younger my sister's best friend mum was a hairdresser and she was tellin this story about an american whose hair she did and she was like "ooo i'll just sit down on my fanny" everyone was pissin themselves then my mum went "my girls wont understand that word".

oh how to embarrass your kids. especially when they're eleven and know exactly what a fanny is lol!

6. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

7. Luhweez

Luhweez Guest

I think 'fanny' is a disgusting word.. it turns me everytime i hear it lol!
    i used to work with a girl called Fanny in a resturant, they had to change her name badge to stephanie because it was making customers laugh and sounded odd being called across the resturant!