fantastic scan!!!!! - *Update* Scan picture added

muffin

6 losses, mum to 1
Reaction score
had latest scan yesterday, im a day further on than they thought(11wks 5 days today), and all is exactly as it should be!!!!!Consultant has handed me back to midwife care for now , makes me feel like much less of a special case which im chuffed to bits with!!!

Do have a question though.......does anyone else have piles and what are they like??? ive been getting bleeding (from the back) but no itching or pain.......is this piles???

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/wickedangelx/babyandbump/muffinscan1.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/wickedangelx/babyandbump/muffinscan2.jpg

aww Fantastic news Congratulations :yipee:

As for the piles, I'm not sure. I found this though: -

What are hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are enlarged "anal cushions." Anal cushions are the tail end of the anal canal. They are like "lips" at the other end of your intestinal tract. The job of anal cushions is to provide a complete seal of the anus when it is closed. Sometimes - due to excessive straining, or pregnancy, or a family condition - anal cushions become enlarged and can begin to cause symptoms. We call enlarged anal cushions "hemorrhoids." The symptoms of true hemorrhoids include bright red rectal bleeding (usually modest bleeding only), protrusion (sticking out) and pain that lasts steadily for a few days (due to a blood clot or "thrombosis" that can sometimes occur in a hemorrhoid).

Because tissues of your intestinal tract cover the hemorrhoids, they do not itch, burn or cause any jabbing or sharp pain. Tissues of the intestinal tract simply cannot relay those kinds of symptoms to your brain. Symptoms like itch and burning and soreness are signs of skin problems. The skin can and does produce all of those types of sensations. If you have small amounts of bleeding and sharp pain in the anus when you have bowel movements, you may also have what's called a "fissure-in-ano," which is a crack in the lining of your anus. Fissures often go together with pruritis ani.

Sometimes a burst blood vessel adjacent to the anus is confused with a hemorrhoid

As a result of straining, coughing or heavy lifting, blood vessels adjacent to the anus may rupture under the skin. When this happens, a purplish tender lump appears under the skin just at the edge of the anus. The lump is called a "perianal hematoma" or "thrombosed external hemorrhoid". These have nothing to do with hemorrhoids.

Charm X

charm your fantastic!!!!! thats by far the most useful thing ive read, looks like its piles then!!!!!!xxx

You poor thing :hugs: Rather you than me though :lol:

Cx

awwww, glad ur scan was all good!!! i get piles quite alot after having kids :oops:

Hey Muffin, Did you get any piccies at your scan?

Charm X

:oops: hate to admit it but im just too thick to post the pix!!ive tried and tried but i cant get it to work!!!!!!

Have you scanned it? If so email me it on MSN addy :wink:

Muffin :hugs:

Fab scan pic hun :yipee:

wobbs your a star!!! now why cant i do that!!! thanks for adding the pix, chuffed to bits! :D

The baby looks all scrunched up cos he/she kept pulling its knees up to its chest and covering its face with its hands everytime the midwife ran the camera over it! ive got a shy one by the look of it!!

Bless :lol:

If you look in help & testing area Muffin there is a sticky 'How To Host A Picture' :D But happy to help.

Ooh a lovely little bean :D

aww they are great pics hun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"