Fathers Day for 1st fathers

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Okay so we are expecting our 1st and I have brought hubby a father to be card from bump. I would like to get him a little present but not sure what. We dont have much cash left this month so cant be forking out loads. I was thinking of getting him subscription to his fave magazine or a dvd voucher but maybe a bit impersonal? Any ideas what to get?What if anything are you getting OH?

We find out next wednesday if blue or pink :happydance:

xx

I'm just giving my oh a card from the bump, he can get a present next year when the baby is here :)

How about a nice manly changing bag for when he takes the little one out? I got a nice black M&P rucksack style one off Amazon for a very reasonable price :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004DAFIR8/ref=oss_product

I'm going to get a moonpig card made with the scan picture on it.
Wasn't going to get a pressie until I read a few posts on here about the same. I'm getting him a vintage union jack cover for his iphone - only £10 on amazon. Just something personal I know he'll like.

I'm kinda hoping he'll forget it's fathers day as it's the day after we go on holiday so would like to surprise him with the card and pressie while we're away!

I got mine a card and a pair of socks that say worlds best daddy on them :) xx

Our LOs changing bag is grey and we also have a black one so he can make do with those :D

The card sounds lovely! How do I go about getting one done as whenever I go on the site it is all cards for fathers already!!! The case sounds nice also, hubby has an iphone and no case so I might have a nosey!!!

xx

Oh god! I totally forgot about Fathers Day :dohh:
I'm guessing a card, and then i dont know. Maybe some onezies that say "I love Daddy" or something :haha: That way i know it will definitley be used!

The card sounds lovely! How do I go about getting one done as whenever I go on the site it is all cards for fathers already!!! The case sounds nice also, hubby has an iphone and no case so I might have a nosey!!!

I had a nose on moonpig yesterday through their Fathers Day cards, and there was one 'Dad to be' card on there.
BUT... usually you can pretty much change the text on there, so I was planning on picking one I can upload the photo on and changing the text to read 'Dad to be'

You've all got me thinking now... wondering whether a 'I love my Daddy' babygrow might be a nice idea too... I'm sure I've seen them somewhere!!

They have them in next. We have one saying i love daddy and daddy loves me. lol. xx

They have them in next. We have one saying i love daddy and daddy loves me. lol. xx

Yeah, i made the huge mistake of looking on the Next Website at baby clothes. I just want every single item of baby clothing they have..

Hmmm trip to Next is in order me thinks.

I did love all their stuff but we're not finding out if it's a girl or boy and found their neutral clothes a bit limited...
Once the baby's born it will be another story, I know I'll want everything!!

Hi,
I am only 6-7 weeks pregnant at the moment so am scared on jinxing anything.
I have got him a card but too scared to buy any baby gro's or daddy socks...

I did however have a trial run as it was his birthday a few days ago...
I got him a daddy card...
I was just going to sign the card I got for him from me and LB (my nickname for bump to be) but I knew his friends and family would see the card. So I got a separate one...
I addressed it to the house and said hand delivered...
He had no idea who would have dropped round a card...
When he opened it he went straight to the inside without looking at the pics and words...
He was choked... He is so scared that something will go wrong but in his own way he really appreciated the gesture... so yes I think Dad's to be will like to be remembered on fathers day, but it is not important how, they just want everything to be okay like we do :)

Hi,
I am only 6-7 weeks pregnant at the moment so am scared on jinxing anything.
I have got him a card but too scared to buy any baby gro's or daddy socks...

I did however have a trial run as it was his birthday a few days ago...
I got him a daddy card...
I was just going to sign the card I got for him from me and LB (my nickname for bump to be) but I knew his friends and family would see the card. So I got a separate one...
I addressed it to the house and said hand delivered...
He had no idea who would have dropped round a card...
When he opened it he went straight to the inside without looking at the pics and words...
He was choked... He is so scared that something will go wrong but in his own way he really appreciated the gesture... so yes I think Dad's to be will like to be remembered on fathers day, but it is not important how, they just want everything to be okay like we do :)

Yeah, OH wanted to start buying little things around 14 weeks, but i was adament that we were going to wait til at least 24 weeks. But i'll be 21 weeks by the time fathers day comes around, so i might just bite the bullet. Besides, it'll be a surprise so i get to be the first one to buy anything. (im selfish like that!)

Yeah, OH wanted to start buying little things around 14 weeks, but i was adament that we were going to wait til at least 24 weeks. But i'll be 21 weeks by the time fathers day comes around, so i might just bite the bullet. Besides, it'll be a surprise so i get to be the first one to buy anything. (im selfish like that!)

Like your thinking ;)

I've got my OH some books from Amazon.
The New Father: A Dad's Guide to the First Year
The Bloke's Guide To Babies
Also I saw this in my local shop so have ordered him one as thought it was awesome:
https://www.campusgifts.co.uk/acatalog/info_BSTIN08.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->