Faulty OPK?

beanie610

Reaction score
Hi all!

So according to my opk (clearblue advanced), I ovulated day 20. AF usually comes 12dpo, but days 30-33 I had a huge increase in cm, and no AF. It's now day 35, no sign of AF, and I got a BFN yesterday. Could my opk be wrong, and I actually ovulated super late (day 32 or 33)?? What's going on?

Remember than an OPK means you'll ovulate within 12-36 hours (sometimes as late as 48 hours after)... so you may have ovulated a couple of days later than you thought you did. It's also possible you had an LH surge, but didn't ovulate. Orrrr you could be pregnant, but not have enough hcg to test positive just yet. Keep testing until AF shows!

You're right, I was forgetting to factor in the leeway for ovulation. So now I'm 17 or 18 dpo, still no AF, and just got another BFN. Wish the witch would just show up instead of getting my hopes up! I feel like I'm about done with opk's too. My luteal phase is usually super regular, but since it's so much longer this month I can't help but think the opk was wrong.

I've been reading up on it, and they usually recommend tracking other primary fertility signs in addition to using OPKs. Sometimes they're not a solid indicator of anything but an LH surge, which doesn't necessarily lead to ovulation.

They're typically pretty reliable for me, but nothing is 100%. For example, I know I'm supposed to be ovulating on Friday, based on my past cycles, and my OPKs are showing the start of my surge, but my CM and cervical position show I should already be DTD. I might have missed my window if I was relying solely on the date and OPK!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is your month, though, and that you're just not showing yet on your tests. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->