Favorite/Most Reliable Internet Cheapie Early Testing Strips

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
So, I'm cruising Amazon, of course, looking to purchase my "necessities" for tracking and testing, and wondering which brand I should go with for early testing strips, like the 10mIU ones. What have you ladies used that you actually got an early result on? I have the one+step one's that came with the One+Step LHTs I got last go round, but I've heard that they are not actually as sensitive as they say they are. What should I buy? I've currently got the Babi LH test's strips in my cart, has anyone used those? The reviews looked like they worked pretty well for OPK's. I have a ton on Acumed 25mIU PT's so I don't need regular PT strips, just looking to get some good early testing ones, bc I normally can't wait until AF is due to test, and FRER's are too expensive, I try to only use those to verify a result. Thanks in advance for your help ladies!

Ps. If anyone can recommend a BBT I'd appreciate that as well. I don't want to spend a whole lot on it, but also don't want to end up with one that is piece of junk either ;)

How funny. I just ordered from Amazon yesterday the Wondfo OPKs and HPTs. I used them in the past and they were very good. These are the ones I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Combo...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I also ordered a BBT. I am going to try this one: https://www.amazon.com/Thermometer-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I had the Mabis one, I think that was the brand, and it worked good for about a month.

I also ordered Pre-seed. I am going all out now lol..

Hey I just noticed you are from Lancaster! I just moved from there to Texas last year. How funny!

Hey I just noticed you are from Lancaster! I just moved from there to Texas last year. How funny!

Lol. I just got preseed as well, have been using it this cycle. Hoping it is helping. Yes, I did live in Lancaster for a bit, I actually need to update that though, bc we moved like 3 yrs ago. Haha. I'm in middle Tn now, which is where we moved from originally. I grew up in TN, my fiance is the one who has the thing for CA, bc he was born in San Diego and grew up all around southern CA. How neat though. I'll have to look up the links you provided, though and maybe be purchasing those as well. Thanks for the help :flower:

You're welcome! I was the one from CA and hubby is from TX. I love it out here though and never want to go back lol

I have tried the babi and they were not as sensitive as the wondfo. I personally like the Wondfos and will pay the little extra because they showed a line when my frer did. :flower:

I have tried the babi and they were not as sensitive as the wondfo. I personally like the Wondfos and will pay the little extra because they showed a line when my frer did. :flower:

For PT's or for OPK's?

Okay, well, then I may consider the wondfo's for the HPT's then.... This is the Thermometer that I have been considering, it's in my price range at this point, but I"m leary one bc it's so cheap and two, it doesn't say anything about waterproof, 1/100th of the degree acuracy, and no backlight...... Are those features really necessary? Is there one someone can recommend that is about the same price that is a decent one? (BTW it's does come with one of the generic little plastic cases I'm assuming the generic part, it just says a case, lol)

Has anyone tried these OPK's? https://www.ebay.com/itm/321882721794 The "one steps' I had were I guess from the UK originally, (that's the only place I can find them being shipped out of on eBay and it's looking like eBay actually has better deals than amazon right now) and they said One+Step, these say one step, as well, but mine didn't have the little "flower pic' on them.... Wondering if they are worth the chance. They come in 20-30-40 LH sensitivities, which I like, and they have a few different test levels for PT's as well. They actually have their own website here https://www.thebabywish.com/default.asp Was hoping someone had some experience with this company, bc I was thinking of just ordering a whole little bundle from them with OPKS, PT's (both in different levels of sens.) a BBT thermometer, and I like the idea of the added in charts they send when you order your thermometer. This stuff just drives you crazy, and then to open Amazon and Ebay.....Geez.....It makes my head spin just thinking about the two windows open behind this on my computer lol :wacko:

Okay, well, then I may consider the wondfo's for the HPT's then.... This is the Thermometer that I have been considering, it's in my price range at this point, but I"m leary one bc it's so cheap and two, it doesn't say anything about waterproof, 1/100th of the degree acuracy, and no backlight...... Are those features really necessary? Is there one someone can recommend that is about the same price that is a decent one? (BTW it's does come with one of the generic little plastic cases I'm assuming the generic part, it just says a case, lol)

Which thermometer? I don't see a link or pic?

Which thermometer? I don't see a link or pic?

https://www.amazon.com/MABIS-Digita...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER This one, sorry, could of swore I linked it in! lol

Ahh ok. That's the one I was using before but it quit working right after a couple of months. I hope it works good for you. :)

Ahh ok. That's the one I was using before but it quit working right after a couple of months. I hope it works good for you. :)

I actually ended up getting this 'free" kit that came with one. We will see how it works, but I like the kit. It comes with a lot of "cool" stuff and it only costs me the shipping! (be sure to switch it to 5.95 shipping, unless you absolutely want it earlier and the 9.95 is worth it to you. But they normally don't send the BBT or the testing strips, so if you interested, I would go ahead and order it. https://www.conceiveeasy.com/

Did the temps work accurately when it was working for you? Like does it have to numbers behind the decimal and did it give consistent reads if you tested back to back?

Wondering, bc I may go ahead and order it just bc. So I have a "back up" on hand if the other one is crap. What features does the one you have now have?

Did the temps work accurately when it was working for you? Like does it have to numbers behind the decimal and did it give consistent reads if you tested back to back?

Wondering, bc I may go ahead and order it just bc. So I have a "back up" on hand if the other one is crap. What features does the one you have now have?

Yes it does have the two numbers behind the decimal. It was consistent and worked well at first and then it kept reading the same temp over and over. When I turned it on it would always say 97.70. Was reading my temp at 95 degrees all the time which I know what off.

I haven't used the one that I ordered yet because AF is late. I want it to hurry and show up so I can get to charting! lol

Yes it does have the two numbers behind the decimal. It was consistent and worked well at first and then it kept reading the same temp over and over. When I turned it on it would always say 97.70. Was reading my temp at 95 degrees all the time which I know what off.

I haven't used the one that I ordered yet because AF is late. I want it to hurry and show up so I can get to charting! lol

Did you decide to look for any specific features for your replacement after using the "basic" of the BBT's? Like was there things you noticed you wished it did, and made sure to get one that had those features when you bought a new one?

Did you decide to look for any specific features for your replacement after using the "basic" of the BBT's? Like was there things you noticed you wished it did, and made sure to get one that had those features when you bought a new one?

No, not really. The backlight option is nice on some but not a necessity. I really just wanted something that worked lol. They have some fancy ones but I am not trying to pay $30 for a thermometer lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"