Favorite nausea remedy?

Stellae

Reaction score
MS is starting to hit already, and this is way earlier than it did with my first (never really happened with my MC in September, which is making me feel more confident this go around).

So far my go-tos are mint and/or ginger tea and my sea bands, but neither are really convenient for work (I brew the tea from fresh ingredients, and I know the seabands would cause immediate suspicion!).

Any portable suggestions? I work with kids, so the nausea lollies aren't an option either...

I ate a lot of string cheese and almonds until I couldn't stomach either anymore. Protein has been shown to help if you can find any protein-rich food that is appealing to you.

Do you have access to a freezer? Cold things can be really helpful, especially if they are sour. Could you eat popsicles on your break or something? It just occurred to me this week to snack on frozen berries straight out of the bag and it's been working pretty well.

Or fruit that is sour if you are not averse to fresh fruit -- like berries or green apples.

Good ol' saltine crackers and ginger ale for me... Though I just ran out of saltines and my DH bought a fancy brand of ginger ale that doesn't taste right ha. Eating something very first thing in the morning and drinking some water seems to help a bit.

These ginger drops that I got off of Amazon have really worked for me. Saltine crackers, ginger ale, and ginger tea have also helped.

Thanks everyone! I'll try those ginger drops, they could pass for breath fresheners I bet!

Nothing natural worked for me, had to get a script for diclegis.

I like ginger beer, it is pop, like root beer, but is made with ginger. I had a difficult time finding ginger ale made with real ginger.

A dried apricot first thing, then I work up to real food slowly. I figured this out with my twins. But, I am out right now because my twins found them and ate them all.. So, toast this morning! Then egg for protein once my stomach settles a bit.. bleahhhh

For me it is diffusing peppermint oil, sipping on lemon water or lemonade. Sour helps me

How is it working for you? I just got a script for diclegis today because my ms is severe and nothing natural helps. I hope this helps, even a little bit. I'm so miserable feeling nauseated all day every day. I'm 7 weeks so hoping this is the worst of it and it tapers in a few weeks

How is it working for you? I just got a script for diclegis today because my ms is severe and nothing natural helps. I hope this helps, even a little bit. I'm so miserable feeling nauseated all day every day. I'm 7 weeks so hoping this is the worst of it and it tapers in a few weeks

Honestly on my last pregnancy it was a Godsend. I would take it at night and once I got used to it would take it again when I woke up. Ms was so bad I couldn't keep water down and it helped a ton! I would still get sick, but not nearly as often. I also has ms right up until the bitter end. It calmed down around 32 weeks but never entirely went away and got sick at least once a day for the entirety of the pregnancy. Fun times.

Nothing natural unfortunately, got some tablets from my GP, can't remember the name of them but the name really reminds me of something from a beano comic :haha: xxx

MS is starting to hit already, and this is way earlier than it did with my first (never really happened with my MC in September, which is making me feel more confident this go around).

So far my go-tos are mint and/or ginger tea and my sea bands, but neither are really convenient for work (I brew the tea from fresh ingredients, and I know the seabands would cause immediate suspicion!).

Any portable suggestions? I work with kids, so the nausea lollies aren't an option either...

I start to feel nauseous when I wake up. This time around I try sucking on peppermint candies. Seems to be working quite well. No clue why it never occurred to me to try these with dd!

I'm so sorry for those of you who have it so bad you need scrips! I had a friend who wasn't gaining weight hers was so bad, and it lasted the whole 10 months... she said the prescription was a godsend as well.

I don't feel that gross... just like I have a hangover from 6-7 am, 12-3 pm, and 6-8 pm! :shrug:

I really want a lemon la criox right now, I drank so much sparkling water with my last pregnancies and it really helped. I might send hubby out for some tomorrow :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->