Favorite snacks to curb sickness!

ja14

Reaction score
hello :) I was hoping a few of you could let me know the foods you like to snack on throughout the day, and before bed at night. Especially when nauseous- saltines aren't doing it for me! I just need some ideas so I don't feel like I'm starving half the time :haha:

I'm good with the old fashioned saltines and ginger ale. I find that as long as I eat immediately and keep myself at a happy medium (never starving and never full) then it is manageable. I heard good things about those preggo pops they sell in baby stores, but I haven't tried them myself.

Toast or bagels for breakfast and mints throughout the day have kept me semi nauseas free

Anything with ginger was good for me, right until the awful moment when I developed an aversion to it. Reeses have now replaced it and I just can't get enough :)

I had to resort to graham crackers in the middle of the night.... I woke up so miserable and couldn't find any crackers.. they surprisingly worked well!!!

I second saltines with ginger ale. Lots of water has been helping too!

I carry around a box of cereal. Eating curbs nausea for me, but I don't want to overeat, so a handful of Life or Chex helps.

For the morning and middle of the night, I have had really good success with those Belvita breakfast crackers. I was doing ginger ale, but then I became aversive to it after puking so much of it up. I still drink it some but I need to rotate something new into the roster. I should try the graham crackers too. Its funny how something works for awhile and then after you puke it up a few times you don't want to eat it anymore ( saltines, ginger ale, ginger candy, etc)

I've been snacking on nuts. Last pregnancy all I could manage were Twizzlers. I hope you find your 'go to' snack.

Saltines didn't do it for me either. I like Belvita blueberry biscuits...they are cracker thin and crunchy and whole grain so helps with poops! :haha: I nibble on one pack of four between breakfast and lunch :thumbup:

I take it back, goldfish crackers are amazing! (Sorry DD, I'll buy you another snack) :haha:

I've been drinking 3 litres of water per day as I always feel like my mouth is dry! Nausea strikes first thing in morning started v early this time. Hoping it stays at bay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"