Favourable / Unfavourable Cervix

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by suzanne108, Dec 12, 2009.

1. suzanne108

suzanne108 Well-Known Member

What is a favourable cervix???

I've read this in a couple of threads lately and I have no idea what it means!!!

I'm worried that as a B&B addict I do not know this term :haha: :haha:

2. Becyboo__x

Becyboo__x Well-Known Member

Iv not heard of it lol :blush:

3. ChuggaBump

ChuggaBump Well-Known Member

Well I don't know the technical details, but I know that it basically means how ready you are for labour... how high your cervix is, how open etc. The more favourable your cervix is, the more ready you are to have your baby. Hope that helps!!

4. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

I was told yesterday mine was unfavourable! I didn't have a clue what it meant so got googling!

From what I can work out if it's unfavourable it's closed and your not ready for a sweep/induction etc.

Favourable is obviously the opposite!!

I saw on a sheet of paper at the hospital the phrase 'imcompetant cervix' that one got me wondering!!

5. suzanne108

suzanne108 Well-Known Member

Incompetent lol, here's betting I've got one of those!!!

I don't like to google because I always find things that scare me....and I was pretty worried about the images! x

6. Becyboo__x

Becyboo__x Well-Known Member

I looked on google as i wasnt sure either and it got me interested after you wondered what it was :haha: .. and it said basically what Boomerslady said .. unflavoured means your not ready to have baby be induced or anything like that.. and flavoured means you are ready lol but iv never even heard of it before lol