Favourite name seen on here

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by beth_terri, Sep 5, 2012.

1. MumToEva

MumToEva Well-Known Member

I'm Irish. Yes, it is an irish name and it is pronounced EE-FAH (EE as in SEE) :flower:

2. lhancock90

lhancock90 2 toddlers, 1 MMC, WTT#3

We pronounce it EVER-lin :happydance:

3. Boo44

Boo44 Mummy of 2 boys

Gorgeous!

4. MrsBea23

MrsBea23 Well-Known Member

I really like Freya as well.

And someone just said Roman I have been looking for an Italian boys name but never thought of Roman, it's going on my list. I was thinking Frederico for an Italian boys name so Freddy but DH is a bit unsure of Freddy Fletcher but I think it's cute Freddy Flintoff gets away with it ha ha.

Our little girl is Ariana (aria) for short and it is amazing how many people comment on it, I also love Siena for a girl.

5. MrsKyliePaton

MrsKyliePaton Mum of 2 girls

Family members of mine in the US have called there daughters Emmerson poppy and harper bluebell pretty names, I really like violet, ivy, Elsie, ellis, jasper and joey but I'm not having that many kids so can't use them now, wish I had put them as middles names now miah ivy and Georgia violet or something like that, love the name Payton for a girl aswell but that was out the question now that I'm officially a Paton - pronounced the same xxx

6. liz1985

liz1985 Well-Known Member

I love Rory for a boy and ivy for a girl x

7. jenfirstbaby

jenfirstbaby i <3 my baby girl :)

I like coen, think that's DKs little boys name?

I think I like it coz of Seth Cohen from the OC though :haha: oh that reminds me I also like Seth haha x

8. babybichon

babybichon Well-Known Member

I love the name Aoife too! I also love the names Eva and Saoirse.

I had nothing but girls names when I was preggo with this one, (when I was preggo with DS1 I had nothing but boy's names), so it was a little difficult in finding a boys name that we could agree on for DS2 :wacko: which obviously we did in the end, but even then he was nameless for a few hours after he was born with us still deciding on whether it was a definite name choice! :winkwink:

9. mrsbeano

mrsbeano Well-Known Member

OP - I really liked Rory but in Leicester that name is ruined by the accent (Ror-eh)

My Quinn is a boy... we first heard it as a boys name & DH didn't know it could be a girls name too until the day I went into labour ha!

10. jenfirstbaby

aww you have a reuben! So jealous! Lol you also have a Luc, I loved Luca. Everytime I mentioned these to OH he would say 'sorry, are we having an Italian?' boo to him! Next time I find a man im gonna check he approves of these before I date him :haha:

11. beth_terri

beth_terri Well-Known Member

Uugghh haha x

12. babybichon

babybichon Well-Known Member

Lol! Should be a prerequisite to vet oh's first for name choice for future babies! :winkwink:

Reuben happened purely by accident, watching a tv programme and me and oh just looked at each other and said I like that name, so it kinda stuck.

Luc was chosen because I wanted a name that couldn't be shortened - although it's never spelt correctly be other people, they just automatically assume it's spelt Luke which is understandable, so he'll have to put up with that years to come, like I have - my name is Sheree (pronounced shur-reee) but people sometime say it as in a bottle of Sherry lol, or spell it Sherie, or Cherie, so it does get interesting at times - sorry gone off on a tangent there lol! I'll shut up now! :haha:

13. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

I hate it when a name you really love gains popularity. We decided over two years ago that our next baby would be Quinn and then here you all are stealing it :lol:

14. Quackquack99

Quackquack99 Well-Known Member

I knew it was someone on here! They sound really good together.

15. MrsBea23

MrsBea23 Well-Known Member

I like Luca as well but there is an Italian family here who's last name it is and they have ice cream shops called Lucas so I don't think I can use it booo.

16. jenfirstbaby

That's how i came across Reuben too, I was watching a movie (cant remember which one!) years ago and it came up in the credits! I always like it cos i thought Reuben is lovely for a man in his late 20s/30s but liked that you could shorten it to Ben for a little boy :) do you ever call him Ben?

When you said your name was Sheree i said it properly in my head :thumbup: lol im gonna go off on a tangent now... my name is Jennifer (normal spelling etc) and one time someone wrote me a christmas card.... To 'Jenthu'..... Sorry?! JENTHU????? HOw can you pssibly think that is how you spell Jennifer ? :wacko:

17. hannah22

hannah22 First time mummy :)

I haven't seen her in a while but one lady has a LO called Marella which I think is just beautiful!

18. Misskitty10

Misskitty10 Well-Known Member

19. kmbabycrazy

kmbabycrazy Well-Known Member

This is exactly the reason I won't use Holly. I love the name but she'd end up getting called Oll-eh. Stupid Yorkshire accent lol x

20. MyBaby212

MyBaby212 Member

I personally love the name : "Dana"

:dance: