Fed up! Bad batch? **updated - BFN

I see it clearly . Looks :bfp: to me . Congrats x

Thank you all :) what’s weird is that I did a test during the day yesterday and it seemed lighter than the others - virtually negative. I’ve done one with fmu (although I went to bed at 1.30am and got up at 6.30am due to drunk husband!) and again it’s really faint. I’m hoping it’s just dilution and not a fake positive! - I’ve always found that smu was best but I’m too scared to test again now! I’m going to try and wait til this evening or what I want to do is wait a couple days but I’m wayyyy sure won’t happen!

Hi red! Your last thread with the previous tests a several weeks back ended up pretty much white and blank didn't they? So I would think it would make sense that this is a BFP? As surely hcg cannot rise again if it's dropped before? That's my logic anyway! So I have my fingers tightly crossed for you!

I always found FMU rubbish for me too!

Definitely push for some blood work ASAP, it will definitely give you some peace of mind!

As for ovulation etc, it may also be your body getting used to your cycles again, so ovulation could essentially happen a little earlier/later than expected xxx

That looks positive to me Hun! Everything crossed for you x

Thank you all - I caved and phoned the epu and they’ve booked me in for a scan Monday - they think it’s likely retained tissue. Have to wait and see :/

:hugs: That definitely is progression. I do not see how hcg can just come and go if it is retained tissue. Hoping for the best for you.

Thank you. I don’t want to get my hopes up - I did last night and then cried all morning when it was barely visible. If this hadn’t been happening in and off hen I might think more for sure it’s a new pregnancy. Or at least a healthy one. Frustrating. At least I should have answers soon - although if it’s a new pregnancy it’ll be too early to see anything anyway I think?

Thats good that they've booked you in for a scan! Yes it may be too early, but at the same time, it's good to check if there is any retained tissue, and rule it out! If they can at least rule that out, but still can't see much, they'll book a follow up scan so they can check the progress.

I don't want to be insensitive in any way, I just remember a friend having retained tissue after her loss some years back. But I'm guessing if there is any retained tissue, then it may make conceiving difficult until it's passed? I remember her saying she had to wait until they had made sure there wasn't anything left before they could try again. So if it is that, then at the very least, once any remaining tissue has passed, it should be all clear to try again. Then you'll be confident in the test result.

As I mentioned before, logically, it doesn't make sense for your previous tests a few weeks back to come back absolutely BFN and then to get some progressive lines now? Surely hcg shouldn't rise again, especially after a few weeks. So I have all of my fingers crossed for you!

Looks positive to me. I hope this is a new and healthy pregnancy

Thank you all.
Brighteyes that wasn’t insensitive at all - I much prefer being straight and not having false hope. And I agree - if it is retained tissue it needs dealing with so I can move forward. I don’t know whether it can cause fluctuating hcg levels - I was wondering whether maybe it’s not properly attached (I have no idea how it would be interacting) or something so that’s what it’s doing? guess all I can do is wait and see!

Totally blank this morning. Honestly I’m so pissed off. I’ve never hated myself or my body more, and that’s saying something.

Aww sweet, hopefully you get some clarity on Monday ! That’s your can date isn’t? This is so unfair :( I really do hope everything sorts it’s self out soon so you can be reassured what’s going on :flower:

Red I'm so sorry you are going through this again. I hope you can get answers tomorrow .:hugs:

After my late miscarrage at 16 weeks with my baby bubles i had retained tissiue but im pretty sure they told me if you have retained tissue you should be bleeding so my understanding is if there isnt any bleeding and the bleeding has stopped there cant be any retained tissue im not a doctor but as soon as they scrapped the remaining tissue i stopped bleeding a week or two after im not a doctor so dont take my word for it but we was told to wait three months and then try as your most fertile 6 months after birth fingers crossed you get some news on monday xx

Thanks all. Yes scan is Monday. Not holding out much hope though. I did a blue dye and it came up positive which makes no sense as frer is so faint I’d call it bfn.
I haven’t had any bleeding since my period. I did tell the nurse I spoke to in the epu that and she still said it could be retained tissue. No idea!

Thank you Brighteyes :)

The blue dye has dried to one side - I will post a pic but it was a proper line before it dried like this.
Virtually BFN again this morning :/

Attachments

• 37A40FF7-0DBC-4E37-B0FD-3D6F2C4C5D36.jpg
    37A40FF7-0DBC-4E37-B0FD-3D6F2C4C5D36.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member