• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Fed up, obese and TTC No.2 :(

Babyholic

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)
So I am TTC baby no.2 as my DS will be 4 next month. I am definitely VERY overweight but am now a member of Slimming World so trying to change that. I was diagnosed with PCOS in January 2010 and got a BFP in May 2010. Not planned but a very pleasant surprise. Stupidly I went on depo 6 weeks after DS was born and had my last injection July 2013. Have had regular(ish!) periods since June 2014 but still no BFP :(
Anybody else TTC while overweight or had a BFP? How long did it take you to fall pregnant?
Feeling fed up :(

Hey sweetie!
I have a DD born March 2010 and I too started depo 8 weeks after giving birth. I had my last jab December 2013 and implant fitted Valentines day 2014. Had that removed August 2014 and now trying to get my body to ovulate! Currently taking Vitex :)
I'm technically classed as overweight as my BMI is 25.7 BUT I have lost almost 5 stone in the last 2 years. I know what it's like to feel the way you are. I found out I'm coeliac and when I started eating correctly my body just dropped the weight.
I'm not a success story but an understanding ear. I'm here if you wanna chat lovely.
Sophie xx

Thanks so much for your reply :) I currently have a BMI of around 45! I was big with my last pregnancy and had no problems so assumed this time would be as simple but no :( After speaking to several doctors about weight issues I was offered no help at all! Well done on losing the 5 stone! You have done amazing :) xx

Apart from weight issue, it is also equally important to assess how healthy you’re, like do you have diabetes, or high BP? How’s your lifestyle, are you enough active? Obesity also brings extra pregnancy complications other than TTC difficulties like gestation diabetes, hypertension. So it is equally important to get healthy weight range to aim for from your doctor. If needed, get references to a nutritionist for help constructing a sensible and practical preconception-weight-loss.

Fat cells metabolise hormones, and an excess amount of fat can alter metabolism enough to interrupt the normal ovulatory cycle. However, it is not as difficult as it seems. Obese women who are not ovulating may start to ovulate after losing as little as 5% of their body weight, perhaps as little as 2%, though they will not have lost enough weight to avoid all the other risks and complications. In fact, weight is probably only a factor less than 10 percent of the time. The primary obstacle for overweight women is ovulation. So, all you need to do is find out fat-friendly doctor or ask your other overweight friends who they see as a doctor. This may lead you to good OB/GYN, where you can start your fertility treatment.

Hi
I understand that my weight is very unhealthy at the moment but am currently dieting. Other than my weight and PCOS I have no other health issues. I am fairly active as I have a job where I am on my feet all day and walk the dog twice every day (at least 2 miles). As I lose weight I am hoping to do more strenuous exercise. My BP is completely normal and don't suffer from diabetes. My previous pregnancy went really smoothly but I did end up with a emergency c section (after 60 hours of labour!) I suppose this could have been due to weight issues but it was never mentioned. I understand the risks involved and haven't been to my GP yet as I know I won't be offered help until my BMI is a lot healthier but I'm just a little impatient now :( I feel like everyone around me is having babies (including my sister and best friend) and I'm not :(

I have not gotten a BFP yet. We are just startling but I am also TTC while being considered obese. My BMI is 40. I am working out and dieting. I have lost 28 pds so far. I have not been pregnant before. This is our first time. Hoping to get a BFP but working on losing weight while trying. I was just at my doc yesterday. He was pretty supportive even though I still have a lot of weight to lose. Just said keep doing what I'm doing and it will happen. I'm pretty healthy other than weight so I think it is possible to get pregnant and be over weight.

Hi there :)
I also have a BMI of 45, and TTC no 2. We've been NTNP since April but are going to step things up a bit to try and get that BFP!
We tried for 10months for our DS who's 4 in august, just desperate for a brother or sister for him!
I had the implant in before but my periods returned to normal relatively quickly. I was charting the first time TTC but haven't this time round yet, before i found i was oving around 10/11 days before AF which i think is quite short.
Sometimes my cycle is only 26 days long with quite light bleeding, but mostly every 28 days, i'm not even sure if that's normal or not!

I lost 5 stone with slimming world last time i was TTC but put it all back on after pregnancy, am going to start going again :)

I have joined slimming world. Lost 8lb last week so hoping to keep it up. My DS will be 4 this year and I too really want a sibling for him. My cycles returned June 14 and we have been NTNP since and actively trying for last 2 cycles. It's really difficult with my PCOS as cycles can vary from 26 to 60 days! Hoping this will improve with weight loss. Have also tried ovulation test sticks but I could never decide if I got a clear positive.
I'm so glad people have replied to me as my partner thinks I am getting obsessed and gets frustrated with me talking about it all the time but it's just getting me so down. I know my body can do this as it's happened before!
Sending lots of baby dust to you :)
Hope we get BFP's soon! Xx

I am also overweight and trying to eat healthier for improved egg health , I ovulate on my own but I have read sugar is bad for egg health and can cause hormone imbalance so I am eating lots of green superfoods and protien and trying to cut sugar from my diet.

Does anyone know if I see my GP will they investigate whether I am ovulating or not? Or will I need a BMI of less than 30 before they will even investigate? X

I am also ttc no 2, my dd is 3yrs 2months. My current BMI is 41 but was a lot highter when I was pg with dd. Briefly, we ttc for 3 years ish with no luck, I was 20st 12 when I first went to doc. We underwent tests during which I lost a bit of weight and conceived naturally when I was 19st6. I was classed as high risk pregnancy but had no problems at all. I've since lost just short of another 3 stone and I'm now ttc at 16st 12 (was lower but gained a bit over Christmas :blush:). I'm hoping that this time round will be different and quicker and am continuing to try and lose weight.

Hi!

Im very overweight and also a member of slimming world. Im TTC #3 though also with PCOS and im on clomid. Good luck

Hopefully this helps give you a bit of hope ladies....Ok, so my first took me a long time to conceive, but, my second I conceived with a bmi of 49 within 6wks.

Just because we are big doesnt mean we have an automatic uphill struggle <3 xxx

Hi! I'm a bigger girl, too. I'm a little over 17st. I had a really hard time TTC #1 due to PCOS. Both times that I've fallen pregnant it's been right after I'd lost some weight, for me usually about 2 stone. I'm in the process now of trying to exercise and eat healthier so that we can hopefully get BFP #3! It's so hard to changet bad habits though!

I could have written this myself! I'm just under 17st and have a BMI of 43. I fell pregnant with DS (now 16 months) when I was about a stone lighter and with a BMI of I think 39. It took six weeks.

This time, we've been TTC for about 4 months. I'm confident I'm not ovulating (irregular cycles, no o pain like I got every month before DS, and not fertile cm ever) but like a lot of other ladies who have replied, I've joined slimming world and am out walking lots to try and regulate my hormones again.

I'm also taking agnus castus, which can help to regulate hormones, as well as soy isoflavones to help increase fertile cm.

I think weight loss is key though so I'm sticking to slimming world as rigorously as pos!

I guess I'm saying you're not alone and it's not impossible! Good luck, I'll stay posted for updates xx

When I conceived my first two children I was very fit and healthy. Our first was our little surprise. Our second we conceived BAM First cycle trying.
I have not been good to myself the last few years. Im overweight and out of shape. I currently have a BMI of 32.
Its so had for me. One day im on board and working out and eating clean... The next I stay in pajamas and eat Valentines chocolates all day :/ I don't know what to do with myself!
Hopefully its as easy as before... I kinda plan on getting knocked up first cycle...
Looks like I may not be so lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"