Fed up of hearing about the gender already!

maryanne1987

Reaction score
I'm only 8 weeks and I've already had enough of the boy/girl comments. Everyone has their opinions on what sex would be better for our family. 'Awww bet your hoping for a boy this time as you had a girl last time', 'bet your hoping for another girl so dd has a sister'. Im constantly being asked how long is it till I can find out. Am I the only person that's not bothered by the sex? As long as baby is healthy that's really all I care about, I'd be over the moon with a boy or a girl. Just as long as I can bring this one home. I felt the exact same last pregnancy. Anyone else feel the same?

AMEN TO THAT! Yes I completely agree, feeling really irritated already with well meaning friends saying

"oh it's going to be a girl"

" hope you get a girl"

and even from my mother at my decision to have tried for this baby "You do realise that it could be a boy?"

I don't know wether I can't wait to find out to put an end to it, or wether it's making me want to have a surprise.

It's actually really sad because I have realised that even though we have three boys and I have always longed for a girl, I genuinely think im at a point in my life where I really really don't care and will be just as thrilled with another healthy boy, but it's this disappointment from other people that has me hoping for a girl? I just wish people would stop it x

I hate it so much. Everyone was praying that we had a boy first, and what for? Who the hell cares? My mother did not want a daughter and we haven't spoken in a VERY long time, so i do not respond well to the gender comments. We won't be finding out the sex this time so they can all shove it :) girl or boy I am genuinely not bothered either way

Im so glad it's not just me! I don't even know if we will find out the sex yet, but then I know if I don't we will have these comments for the next 32 weeks! And if we do find out then we will most likely get disappointed comments from people who wanted us to have the opposite! I keep getting asked the question of 'oh what are you hoping for?' A baby. that's what we are hoping for.

I think everybody gets this during pregnancy. All through my second I had everyone adamant that I was having a girl. I wanted a little boy.. so I just ignored them all. They didn't even hide their upset when it turned out I was carrying a little guy! Jerks x

I will get it when people find out as i have 2 boys so i must obviously of been trying for a girl!!! No, we tried for a BABY! I honestly don't mind what we have hence why we are staying team yellow, and to annoy those people lol xx

I got your always going to have a girl lol.

This has been irritating me too. In our case, people seem to think we should be pining for a boy since we have two girls. I hate hearing people tell me that they hope I have a boy! To be honest, I've been a girl mom for 13 years. If I had to choose, I would probably pick another girl. I already know how to parent a little girl. Obviously I would love a baby of either gender, but I'm already nervous about the prospect of a son and I really don't need people telling me what I should want or what would complete my family.

I've been a little annoyed too!
I keep getting , "hopefully it's a girl"
Because we have two boys.
I just desperately want this baby to stay healthy and be able to finally give our boys a sibling , we are excited to find out the gender only to be able to pick a name and design the nursery etc. We are going to be over the moon happy boy or girl!

A take home healthy sibling will do me just fine thanks ��
Anyone who asks gets that answer
Cos if people r nosy enough to ask why
I'll tell them my last three preg were losses.
Its funny how like a goldfish they look if u say that :)

AMEN TO THAT! Yes I completely agree, feeling really irritated already with well meaning friends saying

"oh it's going to be a girl"

" hope you get a girl"

and even from my mother at my decision to have tried for this baby "You do realise that it could be a boy?"

I don't know wether I can't wait to find out to put an end to it, or wether it's making me want to have a surprise.

It's actually really sad because I have realised that even though we have three boys and I have always longed for a girl, I genuinely think im at a point in my life where I really really don't care and will be just as thrilled with another healthy boy, but it's this disappointment from other people that has me hoping for a girl? I just wish people would stop it x

Spot on with this comment! I feel the same way! I actually would enjoy a fourth boy! How about them apples lol. Not many people get to say I have four wonderful boys. That is a lot of men to take care of me when I am old lol. My boys are so good to me, I kinda of like being the only girl in the house. I am kind of hoping for another boy to be honest. I will be happy either way.

I'd just like anyone in my family to even give a damn. When we told everyone I was 6weeks pregnant and everyone was oh great news congratulations etc no one has even asked me how I am since let alone mentioned the gender

I'm not even pregnant and I'm fed up with comments from other people as to whether I would try again for 'my little girl' as I have 3 boys. Totally agree with pp that other people's thoughts and opinions totally exaggerate any feelings of gender disappointment

My other is like this, desperate to know every time if i am having the much sort after girl child she is desperate to dress up like a twit (wouldn't let her anyway, a child is not a bloody dolly!) And is always disappointed as i have boys......Well mother they are the person i made....SMFH!!

I second about dressing like a dolly. My daughter would rather get down in the mud and be rough then in a dress. I dont understand the need for it lol.

Agree fully with you all! Bollocks to them ladies, we have to rise above it and enjoy every second of expecting either sex! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->