Fed up of the horror stories...

Punk_Mum86

pregnant with number 2!!!
Reaction score
I'm waiting out depo, then we will be trying for number 2! Woohoo! I have 3 weeks until I'm due my next shot (which I obviously won't be getting) and all I read is how NO ONE EVER EVER GETS PREGNANT AFTER DEPO! Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you know what I mean!
So I have decided to ignore these stories, now don't get me wrong, I really feel for these woman that have had troubles getting pregnant, it must be awful, but I think it's better for my sanity if I stop reading up on this! I'm feeling defeated before we even start! I might sound ridiculous but I'm really getting worried! :dohh:

Sorry for the rant! Feel free to vent back!

ps, I already ordered ovulation tests, somebody stop me!:dohh:

My friend missed her injection by a week or two and got pregnant lol it honestly does depend on your own body :flower:

i think also you are bound to see more horror stories about depo because people are looking for advice.. People who get pregnant quickly after it aren't going to post are they :)

xcharx hit the nail on the head! If you read through the TTC section, there are many, many panicked women seeking advice because things aren't going as smoothly as they should. The forum that should give you some hope is the pregnancy forum. Everyone's body is different, and each takes a different amount of time to recover from birth control, and chances are you will be one of the lucky ones :flower:

That being said, it is important to be educated and to understand that it does take your body time to regulate itself after any form of birth control, there just seems to be a longer waiting period for those who took depo. I have learned a lot about birth control since I went off of it 4 years ago, and they are all a little bit scary.

Try not to let the negative stories get to you :) Chances are in your favor that you will conceive just fine in the first few tries :flower:

I got the same while I was on Mirena between my two. Many people, for some reason, felt the need to tell me (after I got it already implanted) that they knew so many people who couldn't conceive until years or months after having it removed, or other women had a lot of trouble conceiving, it worried me, and I got sick of hearing it.

I had the Mirena removed 4 months before TTC, and fell pregnant with my son our first month of trying.

If "NO ONE" falls pregnant after getting off depo, surely it wouldn't still be on the market :shrug:

Same situation here!! We will get pregnant!!!! :) it's birth control not baby stop!! :D

Xxx

I feel exactly the same and think xcharx said best, if you got pregnant straight away you're more than likely to not post about it. I find the stories so scary though.

I went and spoke to my nurse practitioner about coming off it as I was so worried after reading all the horror stories and she said as I'd only had one shot then it wouldn't take very long to get out of my system at all and I should use contraception straight after coming off it.

Fingers crossed we all get our BFPs soon after and prove everyone wrong! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->