Fed up with on and off labour

hungary97

Reaction score
Been having backache and period pains for last four weeks as of Tuesday baby was 3/5 engaged. Wednesday night started having contractions at 2 am of 5 mins apart 40 secs length for four hours they then eased off and since then I've had them on and off for a couple of hours.

Perhaps I was naive but I thought their would be nothing then you'd go into labour not potentially weeks and weeks of being uncomfortable!

Rant over

I feel your pain. I had two weeks of contractions but when me tried to sweep my membranes I hardly registered on bishops scale as my cervix was so unfavourable. Another week later - every day from 3-12pm I would be on the ball, in bath, walking around, - I was on a monitor which showed fantastic contractions but LO and behold I wasn't even 1 cm dilated and they took me in for a section the next day.

The midwife suggested I had a lingering early labour but hey -3weeks of contractions with no change to cervix makes it unlikely I was going to go myself and I wasn't allowed induction due to previous csection.

Fingers crossed the real deal happens soon and there is more consistency to your pains.
Good luck

I know how you feel hon, i've been in on off labour in my back since monday - all my labours start like this and it is sooooooooo frustrating!

You can speak to midwife about this but chances are she'll tell you it is normal and wait until contractions are relentless. If you are still having on/off labour in another week she will maybe check you internally?

I have been having this since I was 24 weeks and spent a month in hospital from out as well as I only have 3mm of cervix left. I hate the contractions as they are so uncomfortable, I also have a irritable uterus that causes pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->