Feedback on the name Maisie Alaine

LittleSpy

Reaction score
So we were all set on a boy's name.
However... we're having a girl. :haha:

This week I came across the name Maisie (uncommon in the US. I've never met anyone named Maisie) and I really like it (despite the fact that it rhymes with crazy and lazy :winkwink:). So that's that (we have decided on a few other first names I'd also be fine with).

My dh's middle name is Alan and he likes the name a lot. To be honest, I don't care for it but was going to go with it for a boy's middle name because he loves it. I was looking through feminine derivitives of Alan hoping I'd find one we liked (so I wouldn't have to use Alan on a son int he future. I'm so bad.:haha:). I came across Alana, Elaine, (then stretching it) Eileen. I didn't love any of those especially with Maisie. But then today I found Alaine. Love it AND it would get me out of any future uses of Alan!

Soooo.... That makes Maisie Alaine M..

Are there too many ai's there? Hubby is willing to go with Maisie despite it possibly being too cutesy. When I suggested Alaine I think he really liked it. But he says he has to "stew" on Maisie Alaine because of the ai's and I agree.

I do love the way it sounds though.

I'll probably change my mind a billion times but this is WAY closer than we've ever been to coming up with a girl name. Any feedback, however brutal, is welcome. :thumbup:

I think it all blends very well together. Maisie is adorable. There are only two ai's and I do not find them too over-powering. Unlike something like Jackson Carson, I hear too many son's in that. Very, very cute name! And you both sound like you agree!

I like it -- Think it sounds nice together! In my opinion... the amount of ai's are just fine, lol. :winkwink:

Prefer Maisie Alaina tho!

Wow, really? All positive feedback? You guys don't have to be so nice! :flower:

Stupid US. I asked for feedback on another forum and someone thought I had made up the name Alaine. Just because you haven't ever heard or seen it doesn't necessarily mean I pulled it out of my a**. :dohh:

Is Alaine a name you come across occasionally in Europe?

I think it's lovely! Maisie is so cute! I didn't even notice the two 'ai's until you mentioned it! xx

Wow, really? All positive feedback? You guys don't have to be so nice! :flower:

Stupid US. I asked for feedback on another forum and someone thought I had made up the name Alaine. Just because you haven't ever heard or seen it doesn't necessarily mean I pulled it out of my a**. :dohh:

Is Alaine a name you come across occasionally in Europe?

People can be very cruel. Naming is very personal. Sure we all have different style...that's good...boring world otherwise. Some people will get all nasty and mean. If you do not like a name, say it kindly. And even if you made up the name, who cares. My son (12yo) thought up two names I really like, Brynlin and Bronlynn. The names Evanleigh and Avriana are floating around. I love them, I think they are made up, not sure. So what. I would rather see people take time and come up with special names then jump on those that are on the top 10 or 20 list. Do not get upset with those people. They just need someone to ridicule to make themselves feel better.

Thanks. I wasn't upset at all. I just thought it a little ridiculous and funny that she assumed I made it up. :haha:

I do want brutally honest feedback because, let's face it, what other people think of your affects you directly through your entire life. School applications, job applications, socially, etc. So I want to know what people honestly think. I guess I wasn't expecting someone to think I made up a name that seems to be reasonably common worldwide. :haha:

I guess I wasn't expecting someone to think I made up a name that seems to be reasonably common worldwide. :haha:

I think "Elaine" is quite common (not overly popular/but common & well known) -- I've never seen it spelled as "Alaine" but that's where it ties in as being a special tribute to OH! I have seen/known a few Alaina's, tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->